Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times for all-star 4x100 teams

What kind of time would a team of Mo Greene, Tommie Smith,Michael Johnson, and Carl Lewis have run in the 4x100. This is when they were all in their primes. What order would you put them in?

Re: Times for all-star 4x100 teams

I'd run

leadoff...Mo Greene-he has ran some fast 60's
    second...Carl Lewis
    third...MJ
    anchor...Tommie Smith

Let's see...9.79/9.86/10.09/10.1-9.3

How about a......38.00

Comment

Brutal, I think they go faster than that. Greene will not run 9.79 on the curve. I'd say 10.1 Lewis will go faster than 9.86, I'd say 9.0(remember they have a running start)Johnson from a running start on the curve 9.3(his pr for the curve from a starting block is 10.12, we all know his start was the weakest part of his race.)Smith with a running start probably a 9.0 That would equal around 37.6 with the possibility of going faster with good handoffs.

Comment

One year Arkansas had a good 4x1 team with but one real sprinter on the team. They had a hurdler a long jumper a 400 man and Wallace Spearmon the one true sprinter. The 4x1 is not about just 4 fast guys. Remember 96(Olympics) and that great second leg by Canada's Glenroy Gilbert? Gilbert was not a "great" 100 man. I tried to be a little realistic with your fantasy. Not sure how Lewis would do having to run a leg he had never ran before.Same can be said about Mo.Remember when France held the 4x1 record with 4 "slowish" sprinters as individuals.They had a great "team" however.

Comment

>Brutal, I think they go faster than that. Greene will not run 9.79 on the
          >the curve. I'd say 10.1 Lewis will go faster than 9.86, I'd say 9.0(remember
          >they have a running start)Johnson from a running start on the curve 9.3(his pr
          >for the curve from a starting block is 10.12, we all know his start was the
          >weakest part of his race.)Smith with a running start probably a 9.0 That would
          >equal around 37.6 with the possibility of going faster with good handoffs.

Keep in mind that a few years ago ('96 or '97) they put together an all-star relay team of Fredericks, Johnson.....i forget the two other guys, at Zurich, and almost got beaten (or perhaps did) by the Nigerian national team.

If you're going to set up an all-star relay, better have them practice a LOT on handoffs.

Comment

Hey Bison, I saw that race too. The order was Donovan Bailey,Michael Johnson, Frank Fredericks,and Linford Christie. This was in 95 or 96. They raced Michael Green,Osmond Ezinwa,Davidson Ezinwa, and Seun Ogunkoya. Both teams had the same time,but Christie won on the lean.Whoever put them in that order doesn't have a clue.It should have been Fredericks,Bailey,Johnson,Christie.And you are right Handoffs are everything.

Comment

Working...
            X