Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WRs In The NCAA Championships

>Big D is the right answer.... for ratified records....<

If you include non-ratified ones, there were a few in the women's triple jump, which was an NCAA championship event years before the IAAF added it to their program and started recognizing WR's in it.

Comment

In talking about Salazar's proposed WR I said "recognized". I didn't say recognized by whom. If you asked most world class marathoners in 1982 what the WR was I would say over 80% would have given you Salazars time. That is what I meant as recognized.

Call it "the peoples record" if you would like.

In fact on many WR progression lists Salazar's time is on there.

Maybe a clarification would be to call it a World best rather than World record.

Comment

>In talking about Salazar's proposed WR I said "recognized". I didn't say recognized by whom. If you asked most world class marathoners in 1982 what the WR was I would say over 80% would have given you Salazars time. That is what I meant as recognized.<

The only thing that most people recognize now about that performance is that the course that Salazar ran was approximately 150 meters short. USATF recognized that fact with a notation in their records lists, and so did the IAAF when they omitted the mark from its listing of the progression of world bests.

Comment

Working...
        X