Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identical Twins at NCAAs?

Have identical twins ever qualified for NCAAs in the same event before? Arkansas freshmen Lexi and Tori Weeks look likely to both qualify for indoor NCAAs in the pole vault!

I remember the Craig twins (Canadians) running 1500 at Texas.

Comment

Bob and Ross Hume (Michigan) tied for the 1945 NCAA mile championship.

Comment

distantly related query... were Don and Dave regular bros or were they twins ? I think they were just regular bros, maybe frat twins but not ID twins. ( and of course everyone here knows who " Don and Dave" were. )

Comment

I imagine the Hauser brothers ran in the same event while at Stanford. Didn't they go 1-2 in the 10,000 one year?

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
            distantly related query... were Don and Dave regular bros or were they twins ? I think they were just regular bros, maybe frat twins but not ID twins. ( and of course everyone here knows who " Don and Dave" were. )
            I believe they were identical.

Comment

Rosa brothers at Stanford should have, but I'm not entirely sure that they did. Lots of injuries.

Comment

Just looked up old results, and the Hausers went 1-2 at 10000 in 1998.

Comment

The T&FN profile of the Styrons in '61 doesnt mention the nature of their twinhood, which would lead me to guess they're not identical, since that's the kind of thing that usually seems to come up.

The picture of them makes them look pretty much indistinguishable

Comment

Borlee twins in 2009, 1st and 4th in the 400m final (outdoors).

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                      The T&FN profile of the Styrons in '61 doesnt mention the nature of their twinhood, which would lead me to guess they're not identical, since that's the kind of thing that usually seems to come up.

The picture of them makes them look pretty much indistinguishable
                      Mr. G led me here:

Get this The Monroe News-Star page for free from Thursday, March 31, 1960 oe News-Star r. Thursday. aiarcn at. ^ «0 Double Trouble Styrons Bringing Northeast Fame Olympic Hopes For Don, Dave In AAU Trials By WILLIAM COOK United Press International It's double trouble tor any major college track team that takes on little Northeast Louisiana State. Northeast's opponents ar. Edition of The Monroe News-Star

There's a reference there to "the identical Styron twins".

Comment

how can they be identical? they were born 24 minutes apart! :-)

Comment

Ha, the Tooby twins were born over an hour apart! And their parents didn't even know they had twins until they were born..."looks like we have another here" the doctor said.

Comment

What about the Pickler sisters, heptathletes from Washington State?

Comment

Not D1 and not in the same event but I'd bet the Assumma twins qualified for the D2 championship in the early 1980's when they were both still running at UC Riverside.
                              Last edited by jc203; 01-31-2016, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X