Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by collector
    Part 2 of Yashchenko posted Youtube July 15.
    Cool footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl1JclV1 ... re=related
    collector - thanks for posting that clip. It's very poignant seeing him when he was young, and at home. There's an interesting quote from Paklin in the comments section:

"paklin once was asked, wether Yashchenko would go for 2,50m with modern conditions and flop. he told that V.Y. for sure was the greatest talent he ever met, able to do WR in any period, no matter of jumping stile."

I think there's a good possibility that would have been the case.

Comment

Just out of interest, does anyone know how many other straddlers jumped over 2.30m? I know there was Rolf Beilschmidt at 2.31m. Apart from that I can only think of a handful who reached the high 2.20s such as Matzdorf, Lauterbach, Zhiqin and of course Brumel.

Comment

Originally posted by tupeke
        Just out of interest, does anyone know how many other straddlers jumped over 2.30m? I know there was Rolf Beilschmidt at 2.31m. Apart from that I can only think of a handful who reached the high 2.20s such as Matzdorf, Lauterbach, Zhiqin and of course Brumel.
        I'm not sure, can't think of any off the top of my head. Per will know though. While checking Lauterbach's pr, which was 2.29m, I was astonished to discover he'd LJed 8.35m. I have no recollection of that whatsoever...

Comment

Originally posted by marknhj
          I'm not sure, can't think of any off the top of my head. Per will know though. While checking Lauterbach's pr, which was 2.29m, I was astonished to discover he'd LJed 8.35m. I have no recollection of that whatsoever...
          I can add a few.

Gennadiy Belkov 2.32, 1982
          Henry Lauterbach 2.30, 1978

Also in the high 2.20's. Jindrick Vondra TCH, 2.29, 1985. Sergei Senyukov 2.28, 1977 and Victor Malchugin 2.28, 1984.

Comment

Thanks Per. While on the subject, do you know if any other women cleared over 2m with the straddle aside from Ackermann?

Comment

Thanks Per. While on the subject, do you know if any other women cleared over 2m with the straddle aside from Ackermann?
              Not aware of any.
              If there were, it would have to have happened after 1984 and at that time I would think there were only floppers left.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Andersen

Also in the high 2.20's. Jindrick Vondra TCH, 2.29, 1985. Sergei Senyukov 2.28, 1977 and Victor Malchugin 2.28, 1984.
                And Christian Schenk jumped 2.27 - not bad for a straddler decathlete!
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                  Originally posted by Per Andersen

And Christian Schenk jumped 2.27 - not bad for a straddler decathlete!
                  I believe his 2.27m is still =WR for the decathlon high jump. He's tied with Beilschmidt.
                  If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Re: Yashchenko passed away ???

For those interested, more info on V. Yashchenko on Facebook group? 32669477114

Comment

Working...
                    X