Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yashchenko passed away ???

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by collector
    Part 2 of Yashchenko posted Youtube July 15.
    Cool footage.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl1JclV1 ... re=related
    collector - thanks for posting that clip. It's very poignant seeing him when he was young, and at home. There's an interesting quote from Paklin in the comments section:

    "paklin once was asked, wether Yashchenko would go for 2,50m with modern conditions and flop. he told that V.Y. for sure was the greatest talent he ever met, able to do WR in any period, no matter of jumping stile."

    I think there's a good possibility that would have been the case.

    Comment


    • #47
      Just out of interest, does anyone know how many other straddlers jumped over 2.30m? I know there was Rolf Beilschmidt at 2.31m. Apart from that I can only think of a handful who reached the high 2.20s such as Matzdorf, Lauterbach, Zhiqin and of course Brumel.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by tupeke
        Just out of interest, does anyone know how many other straddlers jumped over 2.30m? I know there was Rolf Beilschmidt at 2.31m. Apart from that I can only think of a handful who reached the high 2.20s such as Matzdorf, Lauterbach, Zhiqin and of course Brumel.
        I'm not sure, can't think of any off the top of my head. Per will know though. While checking Lauterbach's pr, which was 2.29m, I was astonished to discover he'd LJed 8.35m. I have no recollection of that whatsoever...

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by marknhj
          Originally posted by tupeke
          Just out of interest, does anyone know how many other straddlers jumped over 2.30m? I know there was Rolf Beilschmidt at 2.31m. Apart from that I can only think of a handful who reached the high 2.20s such as Matzdorf, Lauterbach, Zhiqin and of course Brumel.
          I'm not sure, can't think of any off the top of my head. Per will know though. While checking Lauterbach's pr, which was 2.29m, I was astonished to discover he'd LJed 8.35m. I have no recollection of that whatsoever...
          I can add a few.

          Gennadiy Belkov 2.32, 1982
          Henry Lauterbach 2.30, 1978

          Also in the high 2.20's. Jindrick Vondra TCH, 2.29, 1985. Sergei Senyukov 2.28, 1977 and Victor Malchugin 2.28, 1984.

          Comment


          • #50
            Thanks Per. While on the subject, do you know if any other women cleared over 2m with the straddle aside from Ackermann?

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by tupeke
              Thanks Per. While on the subject, do you know if any other women cleared over 2m with the straddle aside from Ackermann?
              Not aware of any.
              If there were, it would have to have happened after 1984 and at that time I would think there were only floppers left.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Per Andersen
                Gennadiy Belkov 2.32, 1982
                Henry Lauterbach 2.30, 1978

                Also in the high 2.20's. Jindrick Vondra TCH, 2.29, 1985. Sergei Senyukov 2.28, 1977 and Victor Malchugin 2.28, 1984.
                And Christian Schenk jumped 2.27 - not bad for a straddler decathlete!
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Powell
                  Originally posted by Per Andersen
                  Gennadiy Belkov 2.32, 1982
                  Henry Lauterbach 2.30, 1978

                  Also in the high 2.20's. Jindrick Vondra TCH, 2.29, 1985. Sergei Senyukov 2.28, 1977 and Victor Malchugin 2.28, 1984.
                  And Christian Schenk jumped 2.27 - not bad for a straddler decathlete!
                  I believe his 2.27m is still =WR for the decathlon high jump. He's tied with Beilschmidt.
                  If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Yashchenko passed away ???

                    For those interested, more info on V. Yashchenko on Facebook group? 32669477114

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X