Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By The Numbers

Happy 100th birthday today (Thursday) to an Olympic champion who died at the age of 52. This athlete was 31 when winning the Olympic gold medal and was 35 when taking the Olympic silver medal. Our birthday athlete was the youngest of 5 children and competed in 4 Olympic Games. You should know that this person set an Olympic record with these numbers: 2578. Who is this champion?

It's Adolfo Consolini,1st in the '48 Discus, and 3 time European champion (1946-54), after placing 5th in his first major championship in Paris in 1938

Comment

Very good, rhymans. Today does mark the 100th anniversary of Adolfo Consolini's birth in Italy. Without looking it up, can anyone name his Italian teammate who took the discus silver medal in London (1948)?

Comment

I believe that was Silvio Meconi

Comment

Correct number of letters, but wrong name.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
            Correct number of letters, but wrong name.
            Great Wall of China

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve View Post
              Great Wall of China
              Did I give permission to use my answer??? :-)

Comment

Giuseppe Tosi?

Comment

ahh, Meconi was 4 times World Ranked in the shot starting in '57.

Comment

Nice job, LopenUupunut. It is Giuseppe Tosi who took the Olympic silver medal in London (1948) and some say he was about as wide as the Great Wall of China.

Comment

Working...
                    X