Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy ( ? ) Olympic Trivia

I was perusing lists of all Olympic winners the other day, and was surprised to see that out of all 24 Men's events, there is only 1, repeat 1, event in which there has never been a multiple winner. What event is it ?

mHJ?

I know there had been no repeaters up through a period when I had them all memorized (1980 or '84), and I can't think of a repeater since then.

Comment

The men's high jump is my guess. I'm pretty sure there have been no double-winners there.

Comment

The hj is also my guess. And the query coming from Dukehjsteve is the clincher for me.

Comment

In fact, without too much thought I can name at least one double winner in all the other individual events.

Comment

All 3 of you are very smart tafnuts. Good work. HJ it is.

Comment

While you are correct about individual events, I don't think that your observation about uniqueness holds up for the relays. Did Canada win the 4 X 100 other than in '96?

Comment

Canada has only one men's win in the four by 100 relay. They won once for the men (1996) and once for the women (1928).

Comment

Just shows how tenuous HJ success is. However there have been plenty of Oly/World champions. Avdeyenko, Austin, Soto, Voronin and now Drouin come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by KDFINE View Post
                    While you are correct about individual events, I don't think that your observation about uniqueness holds up for the relays. Did Canada win the 4 X 100 other than in '96?
                    Think again kd... did you misunderstand the ?

Comment

No, but the USA has certainly won that event more than once.

Comment

Since I obviously understood it for the individual events I must've just had a brain fart.

Comment

Since I obviously understood it for the individual events I must've just had a brain fart.
                          The question referred to 24 men's events. It's only 22 if you exclude the relays.

Comment

When I realized that for it to be 24 events the relays had to be counted, I wandered off to thinking about what country won a relay only once, and came up with Canada. Hence my mistake.

Comment

As Alexander Pope said, " To err is human..."

Comment

Working...
                              X