Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolton

Happy 56th birthday today (Sunday) to an Olympic champion who also owns an Olympic bronze medal in a different event.

Our birthday athlete was 23 when winning the Olympic gold medal.

Of course you can skip the hurdles and the steeplechase when thinking about this person's event.

As an added bonus (only offered today), you may also forget any field event when wondering about this athlete's Olympic event.

Who is our birthday champion?

Said Aouita?

Comment

Said Aouita is an excellent guess, Olli, but it is not correct. Aouita is about a year or two older than our birthday athlete. Both Aouita and our birthday person won Olympic gold and bronze.

Comment

I have one idea, but can't come up with the name. Now I'll "research" it, but that then takes me out of the game. If only I could think of his name...

edit to add 5 minutes later:

Yup, I had it, but then again, if you cannot come up with the name to match the circumstance, then you do NOT have it !
        Last edited by dukehjsteve; 01-08-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Happy birthday today to Calvin Smith (56) and congratulations, jmdjmd. It is Calvin Smith who was born today, on a Sunday in 1961.

Comment

I had the sneaking suspicion that the birthday celebrant had the gold in a relay.

Comment

Your suspicion was correct, KDFINE.

Comment

Well I was wrong anyway. My guess was McKay, with a bronze in the 400 and gold in the 1600 R.

Comment

Antonio McKay was a pretty good guess, dukehjsteve, although McKay owns two Olympic gold medals (he ran in the 1988 four by 400 relay heats) plus the bronze. I believe McKay is about three years younger than Calvin Smith.

Comment

Working...
                  X