X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dj
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Dave....is this info available online? Not necessarily for this specific instance but for general historical high school info.
    No, not online. I pulled this out of Jack Shepard's T&FN High School Annual.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by meldert View Post
    Who do you contact to add a person and time to the high school all time list? I ran a 6.2 60 yard dash, (time posted and part of 1978 Illinois Track and Field News and ran at Westwood Sports Complex during high school meet. 60 yard dash tiime of 6.2 converted is 6.00 for 55 meter dash which would be in top 3 time of all time.

Thanks
    Well, I just missed ya, because in 1979 I lived in Sterling, Illinois where Westwood is located and used to officiate at those meets. We were living at our in-laws while I took courses at Northern Illinois Univ. Westwood is a really impressive indoor sports facility for a very small town.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by dj View Post
    You've come to the best place of all. But there are problems with your 6.00.

A hand-timed 6.2 for 60 yards would convert to 6.44 for auto-timing at that distance, auto timing producing longer times than hand timing. And the conversion from 60 yards to 55 meters would add another 0.04 seconds, bumping your time up to 6.48. Unfortunately, you were going the opposite direction with your conversions.

As for the 1978 national list at 60 yards, there were 18 high schoolers who ran faster than 6.2 or 6.44. So consider yourself tied for 19th in the nation in 1978, and first in the state of Illinois.
    Dave....is this info available online? Not necessarily for this specific instance but for general historical high school info.

Leave a comment:

• dj
    replied
    You've come to the best place of all. But there are problems with your 6.00.

A hand-timed 6.2 for 60 yards would convert to 6.44 for auto-timing at that distance, auto timing producing longer times than hand timing. And the conversion from 60 yards to 55 meters would add another 0.04 seconds, bumping your time up to 6.48. Unfortunately, you were going the opposite direction with your conversions.

As for the 1978 national list at 60 yards, there were 18 high schoolers who ran faster than 6.2 or 6.44. So consider yourself tied for 19th in the nation in 1978, and first in the state of Illinois.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by meldert View Post
    Who do you contact to add a person and time to the high school all time list? I ran a 6.2 60 yard dash, (time posted and part of 1978 Illinois Track and Field News and ran at Westwood Sports Complex during high school meet. 60 yard dash tiime of 6.2 converted is 6.00 for 55 meter dash which would be in top 3 time of all time.

Thanks
    What list are you looking at? Illinois doesn't seem to have much in the way of historical info for Indoor competition.

Leave a comment:

• meldert
    started a topic 1978 High School Record

1978 High School Record

Thanks
Working...
X