Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bambam occupies a unique niche in our forum. As Olympic historian and repository of massive amounts of data, he is the go to guy with the definitive answer to questions that would otherwise never be answered or guessed. Imo, he does not volunteer answers carelessly and I appreciate his participation.

Comment

Well said lw.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
        bambam occupies a unique niche in our forum. As Olympic historian and repository of massive amounts of data, he is the go to guy with the definitive answer to questions that would otherwise never be answered or guessed. Imo, he does not volunteer answers carelessly and I appreciate his participation.
        Thank you, lonewolf. Very kind of you.

Comment

but Mr. Fine's complaint is well taken (I'm hard-core on this, having implemented the first-ever ban when this board started up within a few days for somebody not playing by the accepted rules of trivia)

Comment

Derek Drouin appeared on bambam's list. Then I might as well mention Canada's other world class jumper, Mike Mason.

Comment

Lawai lalang

Comment

Looks like this thread is winding down, so I will contribute a few, compliments of Chinese athletes, who do us the favor of contributing some of the more difficult double initials, e.g. QQ, XX, etc. I made sure only to include those who have had some sort of international championships success (not at the level of OG or WC/WIC, but at least Asian Games/Ch, WJ, WY). I put most of the list together out of my so-called memory, but was careful to check my work on lists, seeing no point of posting something that was incorrect, just to demonstrate my ignorance on yet another occasion. So, here are a few, with at least one championship success listed:

HUANG Haiqiang mHJ WJC gold 2006
                LI Lingwei wJT Asian Games bronze & silver
                (lots of other LL, which I skipped here)
                MA Miaolin wHept Asian Games gold 1990
                QIN Qiang mJT Asian Ch bronze 2009
                QIU Qiaoping wSP WJC gold 1990
                SHEN Shengfei Hept WJC gold 1998; Asian Games gold 2002
                WANG Wupin wTJ WJC silver 2010
                XU Xinying wHT Youth OG gold 2014
                XU Xiaolong mTJ World Univ Games bronze 2015
                YAO Yuehua w400H Asian Games bronze 2002
                YU Yiqun wLJ Asian Games silver 1998
                ZHANG Zhiying wSP WJC silver 1992
                (more ZZ but this one will do)

Comment