Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All-time prison team?

Do we count prisoners of war? If so, Louis Zamperini comes to mind.

Comment

>Do we count prisoners of war? If so, Louis
      >Zamperini comes to mind.

I bet there were better runners who were in prison. But no runner ever survived a more difficult experience. There was an article a few years back called "The World's Toughest Miler" and the title was right on.

Comment

OK...if we're going to include political prisoners, Wolfgang Schmidt would probably qualify....

Comment

... and Eric Liddell, died in an internment camp in 1945.

Comment

Geoff Nelson (who does constant research on straddle high jumpers) told me in an email a few months ago that Ni Chih-Chin was in prison in China and slated to be released sometime this year. I don't know why he was incarcerated.

Comment

Mark Everett was once arrested for beating his wife, according to the Gainesville Sun. Anyone know if he did time?

James Stallworth, a mega-talent long jumper and 200 runner for Fresno State, did time; for dealing coke I think.

I believe former Auburn sprinter Daron Council fought the law and the law won; FBI agent on the take, wasn't it?

Darryl Robinson... note the 4x4's easily a sub-3:00 group.

Roddy Haley... The Comet!

Triple jumper Keith Holley (54-ft-plus guy, I think) went to the slam for murder.

Former Arkansas miler Michael Byrd also went in for murder.

Keep 'em coming...

Comment

Gerry Lindgren has been living under an assumed name in Hawaii for years. Is he on the lam?

Comment

Donnie Miller was a 45/46 sec. 400 runner for Cal State LA in the late 70's, he spent a couple of years in the state pen.

Comment

don't forget Andre Cason for your 4x100!

check-kiting, as I recall

Comment

Did not Armin Hary do time for fraud a couple of years ago? There you have your leadoff guy for the sprint relay.

Comment

New Zealand Decathlete (PB 8366 points) did jail time recently for importing drugs (not the streoid type) into NZ.

Comment

>don't forget Andre Cason for your
                          >4x100!

>check-kiting, as I recall

Cason was always a class act. He and Keith Holley (on this list above) were roommates at one time. Probably not cellmates now since check kiters and murderers probably aren't allowed to share digs.

Comment

Seem to have got the sprints through mid-distance covered. Ditto for the jumps. We need some more throwers though. Guess the decathlete felon could do in a pinch. There must be some NFL guys who were good in College locked up somewhere I would have thought, or some other Eastern Europeans.

Comment

>We need some more
                              >throwers though.

As I recall, shotputter Jim Doehring did time for selling methamphetamine BEFORE he won a medal at the Barcelona Olympics. There's one!

Comment

>>As I >recall, shotputter Jim Doehring did time for
                                >selling methamphetamine BEFORE he won a medal at the Barcelona Olympics. There's one!>>

Before you start ascribing something as heavy as a jail term to somebody by name, suggest you have better info than "as i recall."

Comment

Working...
                                X