Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blazing Saddles

Happy 59th birthday today (Wednesday) to an Olympic champion who was born in the same city as a former movie star.

Our birthday athlete won the Olympic gold medal some twenty days after turning 29.

This champion lives about 90 minutes (driving time) from my house.

The person who took the Olympic bronze medal, behind our birthday champion's gold medal, also owns two Olympic gold medals.

Ok, I just gave you the answer, however some of you might be interested in these three words: "Amos Alonzo Stagg".

Name our birthday person for this first Wednesday of September.

Andre Phillips?

Comment

Happy 59th birthday today to Andre Phillips. Nice job, Davidokun. Most of you know Andre won the 1988 Seoul Olympic 400 hurdles. Edwin Moses took the bronze medal and as you may remember, Moses turned 63 about five days ago. Right now, Andre Phillips is the principal of Amos Alonzo Stagg High School in Stockton, California. Someone recently asked Phillips if he could still run 400 meters in one minute or less (no hurdles). Andre hesitated and said he wasn't sure, but that he could clear 5' 9" in his street clothes. I thought that was rather interesting.

Comment

"Blazing Saddles?"

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
          Someone recently asked Phillips if he could still run 400 meters in one minute or less (no hurdles).
          Was it lonewolf?

Comment

Sorry about "Blazing Saddles" wamego relays champ. The first sentence in the quiz said our birthday person was born in the same city as a former movie star. Looking at the title (Blazing Saddles), you might remember that Gene Wilder starred in that movie. Andre Phillips was born about 26 years after Gene Wilder in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

No, it wasn't lonewolf, Davidokun. It was someone not on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
              No, it wasn't lonewolf, Davidokun. It was someone not on this board.

Comment

That I immediately understood the lonewolf reference is a sign I am spending too much time on this board.

Comment

Working...
                X