Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideally Kangaroos Might Compete

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ideally Kangaroos Might Compete

    Happy birthday today (Friday) to two Olympic champions both of whom won Olympic gold medals in the same event.

    Our birthday athletes are a total of 108 years old today.

    One of these champions was four years old when the other athlete was born.

    Both people competed in three Olympic Games and both won one Olympic gold medal and one Olympic silver medal.

    The younger of the two athletes won a gold medal at the World Championships and the older person won two gold medals at the World Indoor Championships.

    No hurdles were involved in any of these medals.

    This is not rocket science so please give it a go and name our two Olympic champions for this first Friday in October.

  • #2
    Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
    The younger of the two athletes won a gold medal at the World Championships and the older person won two gold medals at the World Indoor Championships.
    .
    I believe they BOTH won a gold medal at the World Championships and two gold medals at the World Indoor Championships.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
      Our birthday athletes are a total of 108 years old today.

      One of these champions was four years old when the other athlete was born.
      The elder is 56 (born in 1962); the younger is 52 (born in 1966).

      Comment


      • #4
        Not only did the older athlete win a gold medal at the World Championships, but this person also won a silver and a bronze at the World Championships.

        It is true that older champion turns 56 today while the younger person is 52 this day.

        Comment


        • #5
          "Might Compete" implies initials MC. Mike Conley? If so, then the other is Inessa Kravets.

          Comment


          • #6
            Happy birthday (56) today to Mike Conley and to Inessa Kravets (52). Mike, of course, won the triple jump in Barcelona (1992) while Inessa won the triple jump in Atlanta four years after Conley won his Olympic gold medal. Some of you might be interested to know that Kravets was 10th place in her first Olympic Games in 1988 (Seoul) and that was in the long jump. Very good, Davidokun.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
              The elder is 56 (born in 1962); the younger is 52 (born in 1966).
              Yeah, with the clue he gave it becomes a simple algebraic equation 2x + 4 = 108, where x is the younger of the two

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                Yeah, with the clue he gave it becomes a simple algebraic equation 2x + 4 = 108, where x is the younger of the two
                Algebra? Isn't that what a mermaid wears?

                Comment

                Working...
                X