Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relax

Happy 83rd birthday today (Monday) to an Olympic champion who competed in only one Olympic Games and never won an Olympic silver or an Olympic bronze medal.

Our birthday athlete was born on a Tuesday and won Olympic gold on a Tuesday about a month after turning 21.

That Tuesday gold medal came when this champion equaled the world record.

You might be interested to know that our birthday athlete won two Olympic gold medals on a Saturday.

Of course you know that this champion did not hurdle in the Olympic Games.

This mystery athlete was not born in Asia, Europe, Australia, or Africa.

I know you know this birthday athlete's name, so please give it now.

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
    Happy 83rd birthday today (Monday) to an Olympic champion who competed in only one Olympic Games and never won an Olympic silver or an Olympic bronze medal.

Our birthday athlete was born on a Tuesday and won Olympic gold on a Tuesday about a month after turning 21.

That Tuesday gold medal came when this champion equaled the world record.

You might be interested to know that our birthday athlete won two Olympic gold medals on a Saturday.

Of course you know that this champion did not hurdle in the Olympic Games.

This mystery athlete was not born in Asia, Europe, Australia, or Africa.

I know you know this birthday athlete's name, so please give it now.
    The only WRs I can recall from Melbourne came in the short relays and some women's jumps. So based on competing in only one Oly, and two golds, it has to be Bobby Morrow.

Comment

Originally posted by catson52 View Post
      The only WRs I can recall from Melbourne came in the short relays and some women's jumps. So based on competing in only one Oly, and two golds, it has to be Bobby Morrow.
      Oops, forgot Egil D, but obviously he is not the person we are looking for.

Comment

Happy birthday today to Bobby Morrow (83) and very good, catson52. Of course most of you know that Morrow won the 1956 Olympic 100 and three days later he equaled the world record in the 200. One week after winning the Olympic 100, he anchored the gold medal winning four by 100 relay, even with a thigh injury.

Comment

And the "relax" relates to the tip his coach Oliver Jackson gave him to help him run - waggle his jaw - to enable him to relax and be more effective.

Comment

Yes, that explains the title. Thank you, rhymans.

Comment

Working...
            X