Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Matthews

On Saturday evening Peter Matthews was voted in to English Athletics Hall of Fame. Among the statistically minded he was preceded only by Mel Watman, probably the most prolific Track writer in UK history. Peter, as editor of the ATFS Annual since 1985 has been editor of that yearbook longer than anyone else, He's also been Editor or co-editor of the British Annual since 1990, and a contributor since the 1960's. Some of you will know him from his Radio/TV commentator work which he's been doing (very well) since the 1970's. And (with Mel) he's been co-editor of "Athletics International" for the last quarter century. Quite simply there is no-one around more worthy to have received that honour.

Congratulations Peter. You are definitely right, rhymans. If anyone is worthy of this honor, it is Peter Matthews. Well done.

Comment

I am always pleased with his announcing.. even if he does talk funny.

Comment

A truly deserving candidate for recognition. The best English language TV commentator of our generation, along with his marvelous statistical work.

Comment

A richly deserved honour. I have had the pleasure of working with Peter a few times. As a spectator it is always good to hear his voice as you know you will always be well-informed about what is happening and who is competing. His knowledge of British domestic athletics is pretty darned good as well as hus international expertise.

Comment

Well deserved.

Comment

I believe he was only 16 when he had his first piece of work published in T&FN.

Comment

Is that a record?

Comment

it was then; if somebody matched it today it would be a DVD... oh, wait, I'm already a generation behind... it would be in the cloud!

Comment

Working...
                  X