Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would have been a different race with Ryun in the race as I believe Liquori in the commentary aluded to...Keino going out earlier...would it have made much difference? Vaino was really on that day....

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
      I remember watching the Jazy WR on Wide World Of Sports at the time and scratching my head.I can't find a reference on quick look, but i'm pretty sure that it was a matter of the tape being reversed. Seriously. There was no precedent/reason for it to be run backwards.
      I just found an AP cablephoto published in the New York Times. The race was clearly run counterclockwise, unless Jazy was running at least in lane three and leaning in the wrong direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        It would have been a different race with Ryun in the race as I believe Liquori in the commentary aluded to...Keino going out earlier...would it have made much difference? Vaino was really on that day....
        Keino went out with 850 to go as it was, about the same point as in Mexico, so I doubt Ryun's presence would have changed his tactics much.

Comment

Originally posted by dj View Post
          I just found an AP cablephoto published in the New York Times. The race was clearly run counterclockwise, unless Jazy was running at least in lane three and leaning in the wrong direction.
          The photo on page 2 of this article suggests CCW:
          1965,Vault,August 30, 1965,Archives,1960s,1960s,1965
          Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

Originally posted by Master403 View Post
            The photo on page 2 of this article suggests CCW:
            https://www.si.com/vault/issue/42791/33
            Thanks. My AP photo was in the NYT, to which I can refer but not legally transmit.

Comment

That makes sense because every video I've seen of Jazy in France including the 2 mile has the race CCW....

Comment

Working...
              X