Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notable/Celebrity mile times

I thought it would be cool to start a documented non-track celebrity mile list.

I will start this off: Michael Jordan ran a 5:22 mile back in 1986.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_onl ... an/861117/

Re: Notable/Celebrity mile times

I thought everybody back then could run a 4:30?

Comment

Dana Carvey 4:27
      Robin Willaims 1:59
      phsstt!

Comment

Robin Williams sub 2:00 1/2 mile.. that is a shocker.. my hat off to him. Dana Carvey .... heck he looks like he should have been 4:10 at least.
        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

>Robin Willaims 1:59

Nobody has run a mile that fast (I think).

The topic is "Notable/Celebrity mile times."

Comment

Robin Willaims 1:59

Nobody has run a mile that fast (I think).

The topic is "Notable/Celebrity mile times."

I assumed 3 things, first- track fans would realize this was a 880 time and secound- people would find it of interest. and lastly its acceptible to add some new info to a question.
            phsstt!

Comment

>and lastly its acceptible to add some new info to a question.

Nope. Read the rules: 15(a): There shall be no thread bifurcations.

FWIW: Williams ran 1:57 at Redwood High in Marin County California. Was listed online on the school's all-time list in the 800 (880), 4X400, and 4x800. I checked the link this morning, the list is no longer there. Perhaps they'll put it back up by the time the track season starts. As I recall, almost all of the school records at Redwood were set during or near the time Williams was on the team. Really deep team back in the 60s.

Comment

Hugh O'Brian, actor most noted for playing Wyatt Earp on TV in the '50s, was on the T&FN tour to Mexico in '68. He claimed to have been a 4:20 miler in HS, but I've never tried to verify it. His IMDB biography says he was a multi-sport star and at 17 was the youngest DI in Marine Corps history.

Comment

>Hugh O'Brian, actor most noted for playing Wyatt Earp on TV in the '50s, was on
                  >the T&FN tour to Mexico in '68. He claimed to have been a 4:20 miler in HS, but
                  >I've never tried to verify it. His IMDB biography says he was a multi-sport
                  >star and at 17 was the youngest DI in Marine Corps history.

Poker legend Doyle Brunson, was a verifiable Texas state mile champ (2A, 1950 4:38.1) who later got down to 4:18.6 at age 18. Said Brunson, "I often wonder what would have happened if I had trained as hard for Track as I did for basketball. ... Thinking about it now, I'm sorry I didn't. I think I missed my true calling in Sports. There's no doubt in my mind that a four-minute mile was possible."

Comment

Nope. Read the rules: 15(a): There shall be no thread bifurcations.

FWIW: Williams ran 1:57 at Redwood High in Marin County California. Was listed online on the school's all-time list in the 800 (880), 4X400, and 4x800. I checked the link this morning, the list is no longer there. Perhaps they'll put it back up by the time the track season starts. As I recall, almost all of the school records at Redwood were set during or near the time Williams was on the team. Really deep team back in the 60s.

is there a rule about responding to a thread bifurcation, and why would you. wouldnt we be co-conspirators, its off the subject and of no interest to anyone,right?
                    robin told me his high school pr over 20 yrs ago and i thank you looking up the exact time, but i hope you looked it up as a track fan not to correct me. im just some idiot with some spare time on his hands, but the fact that robin ran that fast is whats really interesting.anyway malmo, your a bright guy but just remember were all in the same boat- track geeks-squack
                    phsstt!

Comment

>is there a rule about responding to a
                      >thread bifurcation, and why would you. wouldnt we be co-conspirators, its off
                      >the subject and of no interest to anyone,right?

"It's a joke son. Ah made a funny and you're not laughing." - Foghorn Leghorn

You're serious aren't you? This doesn't come near to the realm of the obscure humorous minutiae of Dennis Miller's...Dude, pull my finger...Put a lampshade on your head... Say "poopyhead" really fast 5 times... Is that lowbrow enough?

Some where along the way, Redwoods alltime list will pop up again. Until then, here's a consolation prize worth perusing:

http://www.lhs.fuhsd.org/ATHLETICS/TRAC ... s.htm#1974

Comment

>anyway malmo, your a bright guy but just remember were all in the
                        >same boat- track geeks-squack

No. malmo is in a different boat to the rest of us. What about Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise? They seem like possible runner types to me. And I know Daniel Day-Lewis competes in road races (5 & 10k) nowadays. No idea of his mile best, though.

Comment

> Some where along the way, Redwoods alltime list will pop up again. Until then, here's a consolation prize worth perusing:

> http://www.lhs.fuhsd.org/ATHLETICS/TRAC ... .htm#1974n

Once again I can easily fill the roll of the dense guy here - what is the tie between the Cal state meet in 1974 and either Robin Williams or Redwood high?

Comment

>Once >again I can easily fill the roll of the dense guy here - what is the tie
                            >between the Cal state meet in 1974 and either Robin Williams or Redwood high?

Only if RW was the dense one - he would have been a 21 yo high school student in 1974.

Comment

i think malmo is rich kimball,yea.
                              phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                              X