Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who thinks they should legalize performance enhancers?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who thinks they should legalize performance enhancers?

I don't.
    But what if it could be done safely (no negative long-term side effects)?
    I do wonder what a completely unchecked sport would look like compared to what exists now.
    Anyone??

Everything is legal if you dont get caught. This is our track future and what i live by! :P
    phsstt!

Comment

About 4 years ago, I posted here that the fight against performance enhancing drugs was not only unwinnable but nonsensical. I was roundly criticised for this position.

I still feel the same way. If I can ingest all sorts of drugs to make other parts of my body work better, from my heart to my Johnson Bar , why not my legs and muscles ? Sure these currently-illegal "performance enhancing" drugs can be abused but so can ALL drugs, as well as alcohol, cigarettes, etc. etc.

If we non-illegalize them, maybe then they can be ingested in a more open and safe manner.

As I also posted back then, how about weight lifting ? We make our muscles stronger by ripping and tearing them, then they quickly re-knot stronger. Someone in 1890 might have scientifically revealed all this and maybe weight lifting should have been outlawed too ?!

Comment

Like the war in Iraq, the war on drugs will never be won . . .

Comment

Do ya mean for athletes or us average or below average folks? Don't you dare take away my morning fix of caffeine or All-Bran.

cman (back from prison aka Surrey Memorial Hospital) :|

Comment

Re: Who thinks they should legalize performance enhancers?

Originally posted by steve
            ...I do wonder what a completely unchecked sport would look like compared to what exists now.
            Anyone??
            NFL

Comment

Oh, how I'd love to point out what performance enhancers are already legal, but for the sake of decent taste I shall restrain myself.
              Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by steve
                I don't.
                But what if it could be done safely (no negative long-term side effects)?
                I do wonder what a completely unchecked sport would look like compared to what exists now.
                Anyone??
                I think that is a bad idea

Comment

No way.
                  "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

I'll just repeat my old song. In order for the oversight to be more effective, the list of banned substances should be simplified. Keep the true PEDs plus the masking agents on it, remove questionable and outright non-PEDs. Removing stimulants, analgesics, recreational drugs would be a big step forward. Oh yes, and legalize autotransfusion.
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                      If we non-illegalize them, maybe then they can be ingested in a more open and safe manner.
                      It won't happen. If there's a safe level for this, there are going to be people that will go to dangerously unsafe levels in order to get their edge. People will destroy themselves with these chemicals and instead of athletes today being tempted to use drugs, athletes in your scenario will be forced to do them in order to have any chance of being competitive.

And collegiate athletes will have to do them in order to hold out any chance for making a splash with potential sponsors. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. And high school and youth athletes will have parents and coaches supply them with drugs, too, in order to gain a competitive edge.

You're never going to stop all attempts at theft either, but just because you'll never take it down to zero, doesn't mean you should throw in the towel, either.

Comment

I believe this is the future of sport!

https://screen.yahoo.com/weekend-drug-o ... 00571.html

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                          I'll just repeat my old song. In order for the oversight to be more effective, the list of banned substances should be simplified. Keep the true PEDs plus the masking agents on it, remove questionable and outright non-PEDs. Removing stimulants, analgesics, recreational drugs would be a big step forward. Oh yes, and legalize autotransfusion.
                          I agree with this 100% (Apart from the last sentence).

Comment

Working...
                          X