McCain or Obama ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCain or Obama ?

We might as well have a poll to get an idea of the leanings of the readership !
    McCain
    0%
    Obama
    0%

i forgot to add ray stewart as another option, so i'll have to do another poll :P

Comment

We need to find some ACORN operatives to get out the vote . . .

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
        i forgot to add ray stewart as another option, so i'll have to do another poll :P
        eldy you haven;t made me laugh for years but that was good :-)
        i deserve extra credit

Comment

I believe that Obama is to this election as Bolt was to the Olympic sprints. It's not a question of whether he'll win: rather, it's by how much.

He has significant momentum in the polls and the predicted electoral college victories. I can't see this turning around in a week. For those who are interested in tracking the daily polls statistics leading up to next week, I find these provide good insight:

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
            I believe that Obama is to this election as Bolt was to the Olympic sprints. It's not a question of whether he'll win: rather, it's by how much.
            I think the Bradley Effect is still a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
              Originally posted by JRM
              I agree. We will know for sure Nov. 5th. In the meantime, Obama supporters should keep the pedal to the metal no matter how good the polls look.

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
                I endorse this message.

Comment

I assume that a NASCAR message board would have the oppositee results, but I wonder how the vote would go if this were a golf message board instead of a track and field message board.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                    I assume that a NASCAR message board would have the oppositee results, but I wonder how the vote would go if this were a golf message board instead of a track and field message board.
                    Good point, jazz. I suppose I exist in a closed (non-golf) environment but I am surprised at the disparity of the vote here and I too wondered about the demographics of the posters.
                    The demographics of who is polled is, of course, the reason for the wide range of results. Well, that and the fact people lie in polls to avoid confrontation or to deliberately create misleading data.
                    The only meaningful poll with be next Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                      Originally posted by JRM
                      I question whether or not the Bradley Effect is real, particularly in this day and age. A lot has changed in 25+ years. From a cursory perusal of the data, it seems that there is just as much of a case for no Bradley effect, or even a reverse-Bradley effect, in modern elections with non-white candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
                        I don't get it? :?

Comment

If you really don't get it, check out this thread:

http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... hp?t=33442

Comment

It's ok I called Mump and he explained.

Comment

This is the fifth election in a row that pitted a war veteran against someone who's never fought in a war, and if Obama wins, the war veterans will be 0-5.

Comment

Working...
                              X