Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Wasn't Bush Impeached?

....for HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS. One of the biggest puppet criminals in the last 100 years. Blame Nancy Pelosi and the hypocritical Democrats who are equally disgusting.
    Take good care of yourself.

Re: Why Wasn't Bush Impeached?

Originally posted by Mennisco
    ....for HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS. One of the biggest puppet criminals in the last 100 years. Blame Nancy Pelosi and the hypocritical Democrats who are equally disgusting.
    Without looking it up....are you familiar with the process of impeachment?

Comment

One of the biggest puppet criminals in the last 100 years.
      And that, my friends, is why we can't have this board open year-round. I don't even like Bush, but I sure as hell won't have my sitting President referred to as that. :evil: The additional obvious implication is that Americans must be too stupid to notice that he should have been 'deposed' long ago. He was a good man, in way over his head, who trusted his advisors and his own cowboy mentality far more than he should have.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        He was a good man, in way over his head, who trusted his advisors and his own cowboy mentality far more than he should have.
        You watch too many movies, Marlow... "W" wasn't a bio-pic.

But the point remains: even if he didn't purposefully do the things Mennisco indicates, does that absolve him from guilt? Ignorance of the law is not an excuse for anyone.

Furthermore, he admitted to violating the FISA law (after assuring people that he would do no such thing), before it was retroactively updated.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
          Didn't see it - ain't interested in seeing it - don't even like the guy (Bush or Stone). But anyone who has been paying attention for the last eight years can see the obvious. Oliver Stone must have seen what everyone else did. I expect the film is a caricature of GW, which means it contains psychological truth, if not literal.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
            Didn't see it - ain't interested in seeing it - don't even like the guy (Bush or Stone). But anyone who has been paying attention for the last eight years can see the obvious. Oliver Stone must have seen what everyone else did. I expect the film is a caricature of GW, which means it contains psychological truth, if not literal.
            Again: whether or not Bush is "a nice guy who got in over his head" is irrelevant insofar as the law is concerned. Who's in charge, the President or his advisors? And if he was at the whim of his advisors, doesn't that techincally make him a puppet (as Mennisco originally stated)?

Comment

One of the biggest puppet criminals in the last 100 years.
              I sure as hell won't have my sitting President referred to as that. :evil:
              Did he endorse/rationalise torture or not?

Comment

I don't even like Bush, but I sure as hell won't have my sitting President referred to as that. :evil: The additional obvious implication is that Americans must be too stupid to notice that he should have been 'deposed' long ago. He was a good man, in way over his head, who trusted his advisors and his own cowboy mentality far more than he should have.
                H.L. Mencken was right, Marlow. And I don't believe for one second you ain't doin' some serious butt kissin' by writin' what ya just did.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=cas ... Bush&meta=

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060130/holtzman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movement_t ... ge_W._Bush

(Neutrality of wiki article disputed)

btw Marlow, if he lied about weapons of mass destruction and went killin' chix and kids as a consequence, that's evil. I know you claim to have attended Stanford but that don't impress me. You come off sounding like a dumb naive Yank singin' :

"Jingo Bells,
                My Prez Don't Smell
                O what the hell,
                it's almost Xmas...."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Comment

Impeachment as a tool has been used just twice, and both times were highly political farces. If it was going to be used responsibly then using it against the current President is certainly worthy of consideration (but so were a number of Presidencies in the past).

On the other hand I am not that unhappy it was not used. You must remember that this would just elevate Cheney to the Presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy

On the other hand I am not that unhappy it was not used. You must remember that this would just elevate Cheney to the Presidency.
                    He ain't half as butch as his daughter. I could see that witch chummin' up with Putin over a bottle of vodka and some Havana cigars.

Comment

Impeachment as a tool has been used just twice, and both times were highly political farces.
                      Are you counting Nixon? Articles of Impeachment were drawn up before he resigned, were they not? That's hardly a political farce.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                        Impeachment as a tool has been used just twice, and both times were highly political farces.
                        Are you counting Nixon? Articles of Impeachment were drawn up before he resigned, were they not? That's hardly a political farce.
                        Nixon was in fact not impeached. Only Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton hold that distinction. Nixon would have been had he not resigned - the Articles were in the making but not finalized or voted on yet. That would have been a much more righteous impeachment.

Comment

I don't believe for one second you ain't doin' some serious butt kissin' by writin' what ya just did.
                          :shock: Who's butt am I kissing??!! I thought I was the guy that everyone sees as being on the wrong side of everything!!!

Menny, you are beginning to scare me - any back-slidin' going on? :wink:

Comment

Menny, you are beginning to scare me - any back-slidin' going on? :wink:
                            If only. OH you mean that kind. Oh no, I'm at work and entertaining everyone. Just a little prep period.....

NOW - TO put a smile on da faces of y'all, may I say this reminds me of BUSH:

A cabbie picks up a Nun. She gets into the cab, and notices that the VERY handsome cab driver won't stop staring at her.
                            She asks him why he is staring. He replies: 'I have a question to ask, but I don't want to offend you.'
                            She answers, ' My son, you cannot offend me. When you're as old as I am and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and hear just about everything. I'm sure that there's nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive.'
                            'Well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me.'
                            She responds, 'Well, let's see what we can do about that: #1, you have to be single and #2, you must be Catholic.'
                            The cab driver is very excited and says, 'Yes, I'm single and Catholic!'
                            'OK' the nun says. 'Pull into the next alley.'
                            The nun fulfills his fantasy with a kiss that would make a hooker blush.
                            But when they get back on the road, the cab driver starts crying.
                            'My dear child,' said the nun, 'Why are you crying?'
                            'Forgive me but I've sinned. I lied and I must confess; I'm married and I'm Jewish.'

The nun says, 'That's OK. My name is Kevin and I'm going to a Halloween party

Comment

He ain't half as butch as his daughter. I could see that witch chummin' up with Putin over a bottle of vodka and some Havana cigars.
                              Maybe she's the future of the Republican Party. President Dike Cheney?

Comment

Working...
                              X