Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of those issues that, in the not too distant future, the huge majority of people will simply shake their heads and say, with disbelief and pity, "Why was there any fuss at all about this back then?"

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
      This is one of those issues that, in the not too distant future, the huge majority of people will simply shake their heads and say, with disbelief and pity, "Why was there any fuss at all about this back then?"
      Abbssofreakinlutley
      phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
        My point was i believe Obama and Biden are pro gay marriage
        No one is pro-gay marriage, just as no one is pro-abortion. For that matter no one should be pro-marriage either. With a 50% divorce rate, why should we be? On the other hand, I have nothing against marriage, gay or not. As for an abortion, I am certainly not for it, but I not willing to tell a woman who decides for herself that she wants one, she can't. That's not my business. It goes without saying that I don't believe that a a fetus (first trimester) is a person or I would agree that it is murder. For those who do believe it is murder, I would think you would also have to believe that bombing an abortion clinic is justifiable terrorism.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
          My point was i believe Obama and Biden are pro gay marriage
          No one is pro-gay marriage, just as no one is pro-abortion. For that matter no one should be pro-marriage either. With a 50% divorce rate, why should we be? On the other hand, I have nothing against marriage, gay or not. As for an abortion, I am certainly not for it, but I not willing to tell a woman who decides for herself that she wants one, she can't. That's not my business. It goes without saying that I don't believe that a a fetus (first trimester) is a person or I would agree that it is murder. For those who do believe it is murder, I would think you would also have to believe that bombing an abortion clinic is justifiable terrorism.
          I am pro Good Marriages and against Bad Marriages. :P
          phsstt!

Comment

How do one know which is which? Some people divorce after 40 years. I'm only in Year #34 of mine, please clue me in, so I'll know if I need to dump the broad now! :twisted:

Comment

How do one know which is which? Some people divorce after 40 years. I'm only in Year #34 of mine, please clue me in, so I'll know if I need to dump the broad now! :twisted:
              There will be dumping going on but it wont be by you my friend. Your 34 year old experiment could fizzle at any second! If she dumps you you could move in wih me. I have a hot tub and everything. 8-) :lol:
              phsstt!

Comment

you you could move in wih me. I have a hot tub and everything. 8-) :lol:
                Excuse me . . . I just threw up a little . . . in my mouth . .

Comment

Just don't foul the water in the hot-tub, please...

Comment

You honeymooner, you. 43 with my trophy wife.
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

It would be fine with me if government entities withdrew all support for marriage/family issues, then people could do what they want. No more tax breaks, no "rights", no nothing, for anyone.

Then again, those psycho, wackjob leftnuts wouldn't like that.

Comment

you you could move in wih me. I have a hot tub and everything. 8-) :lol:
                        Excuse me . . . I just threw up a little . . . in my mouth . .

Ah ha! I baited you. You my friend have just exhibited homophobia on a thread about gay marriage, you should be ashamed of yourself! :P

Hey wait a minute Squack, maybe its you who Marlow finds disgusting, no ...thats impossible.
                        phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                          It would be fine with me if government entities withdrew all support for marriage/family issues, then people could do what they want. No more tax breaks, no "rights", no nothing, for anyone.

Then again, those psycho, wackjob leftnuts wouldn't like that.
                          I thought the "family values" are at the heart of "those psycho, wackjob rightnuts".
                          But then again, what do I know? I am no more than a psycho, wackjob leftnut.
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I keep hoping for some scientist to accomplish human parthenogenisis by somehow bringing an unfertilized egg to adulthood (or a sperm cell) so then the evangelicals will have to consider the destruction of all unfertilized eggs or unused sperm MURDER also. That will shake things up a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Helen S
                              I keep hoping for some scientist to accomplish human parthenogenisis by somehow bringing an unfertilized egg to adulthood (or a sperm cell) so then the evangelicals will have to consider the destruction of all unfertilized eggs or unused sperm MURDER also. That will shake things up a bit!
                              I believe that the catholics once considered masturbation and coitus
                              interuptus evil, because it deprived a child of the chance of being
                              born. The concept would then not be entirely new. (Obviously,
                              extending it to each individual sperm/egg would be.)

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                                It would be fine with me if government entities withdrew all support for marriage/family issues, then people could do what they want. No more tax breaks,
                                Tax breaks? I believe until fairly recently there was actually a tax penalty for being married. Two people earning approximately the same amount of money paid significantly more in federal income taxes if they were married filing a joint return than they would have if they had been single filing separate returns.

Comment

Working...
                                X