Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhc68
    Does the "full faith & credit" clause of the Constitution apply?
    How about the inalienable right to 'pursuit of happiness'? I still don't understand how a gay marriage infringes on other people's rights. No one has to associate with people they don't want to. If my religion bans shellfish, can I insist you don't eat crawdaddies?

Comment

how can we have different rules from state to state about such a basic social and legal contractual relationship?
      We do now. The Union stands.

Comment

Here is Obama's response about prop. 8 which would ban gay marriage...

"I think it's unnecessary," Obama told Sway, in response to a question sent in by Gangstagigz from San Leandro, California. "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that's not what America's about. Usually, our constitutions expand liberties, they don't contract them."

This is political speak at its finest. He is keeping his "religious core" in tact while at the same time maintaining his intellectual constitutional integrity.

We know where he really stands. He understands civil liberties and is a constitutional scholar.

The opposition to gay marriage is strictly religiously based and has no place intermingling with constitutional liberties.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
          Does the "full faith & credit" clause of the Constitution apply?
          How about the inalienable right to 'pursuit of happiness'?
          I believe that was aptly answered in "Pursuit of Happyness", honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
            Originally posted by Pego
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onan
            Ah yes, Onan, the Master Barbarian!
            Clever. :lol:

Comment

Speaking of same sex marriage, is Mitch McConnell being outed a la Larry Craig?

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
                This is one of those issues that, in the not too distant future, the huge majority of people will simply shake their heads and say, with disbelief and pity, "Why was there any fuss at all about this back then?"
                That's because we will probably have legal adult Polygamy and legal adult incest. I'm not sure what will come after that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince
                  This is one of those issues that, in the not too distant future, the huge majority of people will simply shake their heads and say, with disbelief and pity, "Why was there any fuss at all about this back then?"
                  That's because we will probably have legal adult Polygamy and legal adult incest. I'm not sure what will come after that though.
                  Man's best friend? The happy couple, Larry and Rover?

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                    Man's best friend? The happy couple, Larry and Rover?
                    More likely Emily and Rover. The men will be too busy protecting the homesteads.

Comment

because gay marriage is the slipperly slope towards polygamy, incest and bestiality !??!?! :roll:
                      i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy
                        gay marriage is the slipperly slope towards polygamy, incest and bestiality !??!?! :roll:
                        And worse! (I'll let you know what's worse when I think of it.)

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                          gay marriage is the slipperly slope towards polygamy, incest and bestiality !??!?! :roll:
                          And worse! (I'll let you know what's worse when I think of it.)
                          I got it! Cats marrying dogs. :P
                          phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                            got it! Cats marrying dogs. :P
                            Been there, done that. When my wife gets catty, I end up in the dog house.

Comment

the real interesting question is not when people in the us will stop rejecting gay "marriage" it is when will the (blue) state higher courts stop rejecting the peoples decision?
                              ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

because gay marriage is the slipperly slope towards polygamy, incest and bestiality !??!?! :roll:
                                And miscegenation :shock: but surely that will never happen!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X