Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm shocked! Shocked!

Obama is going to win California in a landslide?

Some interesting numbers here.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 13QI21.DTL

Re: I'm shocked! Shocked!

Originally posted by gh
    Obama is going to win California in a landslide?
    Isn't this the state that INVENTED the Bradley Effect?

Comment

I just hope all these pollsters know what the heck they're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
        I don't! I hope they all burn in professional hell. Pox on society, the lot of them.

Comment

The first two words would have been sufficient, gm. The rest of it demonstrates why we are normally not permitted to discuss politics here. Some people apparently cannot do that without becoming intemperate.

Comment

The first two words would have been sufficient, gm. The rest of it demonstrates why we are normally not permitted to discuss politics here. Some people apparently cannot do that without becoming intemperate.
            Don't tell me you actually think polls are a good idea? Seriously?

Comment

I know that professional politicians of every stripe commission their own polls and also pay attention to the ones sponsored by various media. Perhaps they're all wrong. But in any event, saying the pollsters should burn in hell does not contribute to a civilized discourse.

Comment

Don't misquote me. I said burn in PROFESSIONAL hell. You know, end the biz, get a different job, that kind of thing. Polls only serve to muddy the waters.

Comment

couldn't agree more; and the political process is further mutilated by reporting of results from the east before west gets a chance to do act independently (doesn't affect outcome of the prez race, probably, but can have significant effect on local issues thare are also on the ballot)

Comment

In our modern world of instant communications, all the polls in all 50 states should close at the same time, and "exit polling" by the media should be outlawed.

Polls close at 10 in eastern zone, 9 in central, 8 in mountain, 7 in pacific, and 5 or whatever in Hawaii and Alaska. Or even jog it another hour later. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                      I don't! I hope they all burn in professional hell. Pox on society, the lot of them.
                      Oh, dear. Can't take bad news, can we?

Read this to remind you of the good old days.

http://www.amazon.com/One-Party-Country ... 958&sr=1-7

"Despite the Bush Administration's current unpopularity, Hamburger and Wallsten contend, the Republican domination of American politics is unlikely to end anytime soon."

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                        In our modern world of instant communications, all the polls in all 50 states should close at the same time, and "exit polling" by the media should be outlawed.

Polls close at 10 in eastern zone, 9 in central, 8 in mountain, 7 in pacific, and 5 or whatever in Hawaii and Alaska. Or even jog it another hour later. Simple.
                        simultaneous closing would never sell; too many people have no choice but to vote after work.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

simultaneous closing would never sell; too many people have no choice but to vote after work.
                          This is why early voting is such a wonderful thing. Illinois had the polls open for a couple of weeks. I voted last week.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

Polls here in Indiana have always closed at 6, without any apparent unrest or problems. A 7 pm closing on the west coast would not be unreasonable, coupled with 10 on the east coast. And if you made it 8 and 11, what's the problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by gh

Polls here in Indiana have always closed at 6, without any apparent unrest or problems. A 7 pm closing on the west coast would not be unreasonable, coupled with 10 on the east coast. And if you made it 8 and 11, what's the problem ?
                              How about voting on the weekend -- or making Election Day a national holiday. It is kind of important, after all...

Comment

Working...
                              X