Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there's no video that better demonstrates the problem with American talk radio than Chris Matthews' interview with right-wing talk show host Kevin James. In May, Bush went before the Israeli Knesset and called Obama and appeaser. Matthews discusses it with his two guests and when he senses that James is an ignoramus, he goes in for the kill. Overnight, James became a national laughing stock, but unfortunately, a large percentage of voters on the right still get all of their information from people just like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
      Joe Biden is great when she asks if Obama is a Marxist because he wants to "spread the wealth around" he looks bewildered and says "Are you joking? Is that a serious question?".
      For you economic history buffs out there, here is one capitalist economist in an obscure work called 'An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations':

Originally posted by Adam Smith
      It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
      http://kapilarambam.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... smith.html

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
        Matthews discusses it with his two guests and when he senses that James is an ignoramus.
        I have to admit I have never heard of the guy. Is he one of the respected conservative commentators? And why was he shouting from the start? Just bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
          Originally posted by jazzcyclist
          Matthews discusses it with his two guests and when he senses that James is an ignoramus.
          I have to admit I have never heard of the guy. Is he one of the respected conservative commentators? And why was he shouting from the start? Just bizarre.
          Never heard of him, either.

Comment

please be aware that there are probably many middle americans that may be reading this thread with the result being a vote for McCain.

Despite having faith in polling, it is threads like this that could cause one to think that McCain/Palin are actually going to win Tuesday.

If americans get a good close look at the san francisco circus and decide instead to go home and make some popcorn and watch a wholesome movie we could be looking at a GOP presidency.
            ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
              please be aware that there are probably many middle americans that may be reading this thread with the result being a vote for McCain.
              Works both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                Works both ways.
                a very very good thing.
                ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Working...
                X