Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubya gets some respect, finally

According to an article in the San Diego Union-Tribune, a right wing rag which makes Fox News seem like a bunch of pinkos, There is a Proposition S on the San Francisco ballot which would rename a wastewater treatment plant the "George W Bush Sewage Treatment Plant". The voters phamplet pro argument was in the form of a haiku (I didn't count sylables.

Need Bush memor'l?
    Sweage plant available.
    How appropriate.

You rock George!

Re: Dubya gets some respect, finally

I heard of this. At first I thought it was bad for him but on second thoughts is it so bad? A sewage plant take crap and turn it into water (sometimes drinkable). Is that so bad?

Comment

It's Prop R, not S and here's a rebuttal (on a Cal site):

As of this writing, 4139 servicemen and women have been killed since the invasion of Iraq in 2003. The number of Iraqis who have been killed as a result of the invasion and occupation of their country cannot be measured. The proponents of this measure may consider the Bush Administration to be a joke. However, the consequences of the decision to invade are not a laughing matter for families of those who have died during the past five years. This measure, whatever its intentions, disrespects them.

Comment

I think it is Measure R. In any event, it is pretty bad when the guy who is writing the arguments against the measure says:

Originally posted by Arguments against Measure R
        I agree that the invasion of Iraq is the worst foreign policy blunder in the history of the US. I also agree that Bush has been the most ignorant man to ever occupy the office of President. To call him the worst President since Warren Harding is to insult the memory of Harding, who at least did not enter this country into any unnecessary wars.
        http://www.smartvoter.org/2008/11/04/ca/sf/meas/R/

Comment

Very funny as a Daily Show jape, but in real life I think that's in exceedingly poor taste and is an unacceptable denigration of the land's highest official. (Seriously)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            Very funny as a Daily Show jape, but in real life I think that's in exceedingly poor taste and is an unacceptable denigration of the land's highest official. (Seriously)
            Even if he's committed multiple atrocious denigrations of the land's highest office, and only has the support of 25% of the population - Bush is nothing short of despicable, and being President of the United States should in no way command respect when the office has been dumped on and disrespected beyond the pale. Respect is earned, not commanded.

btw that 25% support ain't coming out of Mensa, rest assured.
            Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mennisco
              Originally posted by gh
              Even if he's committed multiple atrocious denigrations of the land's highest office, and only has the support of 25% of the population - Bush is nothing short of despicable, and being President of the United States should in no way command respect when the office has been dumped on and disrespected beyond the pale. Respect is earned, not commanded.

btw that 25% support ain't coming out of Mensa, rest assured.
              Be careful there. Some of our fellow track fans would vote for Bush again if it were constitutional for him to run again. Having said that, there's no doubt that internationally, Bush will go down in history as our most despised president ever.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                Having said that, there's no doubt that internationally, Bush will go down in history as our most despised president ever.
                passage of time may judge him better

9/11 happened on his watch & he had to do something to protect his country

many smarter guys if they'd been in his shoes may have done worse...

Comment

My only thought on this... what a load of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                    My only thought on this... what a load of crap.
                    The GW Bush Wastewater Treatment Plant will take care of that . . .

Comment

I respect the office of the Presidency, and I even respect that George W. Bush tried to do what he ( with the advice of others such as Cheney, Wolfowitz, etc.) thought was right to do. Having said that, I can say that he is for sure the worst President is US history. Let me repeat that just to be sure it is clear: George W. Bush is the worst President in US history. Franklin Pierce, Warren Harding, etc., move over. GEORGE W. BUSH IS THE WORST PRESIDENT IN U.S. HISTORY.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick

He had to do Afghanistan, he didn't have to do Iraq.

Can you name one?

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                          GEORGE W. BUSH IS THE WORST PRESIDENT IN U.S. HISTORY.
                          Sadly, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                            Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                            GEORGE W. BUSH IS THE WORST PRESIDENT IN U.S. HISTORY.
                            Sadly, I agree.
                            Amen! :!:

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist

He had to do Afghanistan, he didn't have to do Iraq
                              personally, i feel he had to do iraq for what his pa failed to do

Can you name one?
                              al gore

Comment

Working...
                              X