X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "This Election Will Change The World"

long lines for voting remind international correspondent of other nations:

http://inthefield.blogs.cnn.com/2008/11 ... the-world/

almost 40% of Floridians have already voted - no long lines here (and no jokes about how we'll screw this up too!)

Comment

The long race is almost over....
      "here comes pride in the backstretch, heartache goes to the inside"
      With apologies to George Jones and Don Rollins.
      But when exactly will it end? Don't go partisan here, cuz there is an 800 pound GarryHilla in the room.
      The first polls are closing in a couple of hours (6:00 pm Eastern), an hour later voting will have been finalized in 7 states with 58 electoral votes, and including 3 states generally considered to be in play.
      Within another hour (8:00 pm Eastern), another 19 states with 211 votes, and including another 3 states "in play" plus a big one that many consider the key.
      So just for fun, what will be the time (to the closest minute), when CNN declares the Election Winner. I'm going with 8:49 EST.

Comment

Betting

The betting companys like Ladbrokes usually have a much better
        prediction than any poll at any institute or newspaper in the world.

On betting sites the election is over. McCain only have a 5% chance to win. If you ask people who are willing to risk their own money.

Comment

Originally posted by rasb
          when CNN declares the Election Winner. I'm going with 8:49 EST.
          What am I missing here? The earliest I see BO winning would be after Colorado polls close, with a great likelihood that it will take the Pacific landslide to seal the deal. I'll say 7:32 PST = 10:32 EST.

Comment

Re: Betting

Originally posted by observer2
            The betting companys like Ladbrokes usually have a much better
            prediction than any poll at any institute or newspaper in the world.

On betting sites the election is over. McCain only have a 5% chance to win. If you ask people who are willing to risk their own money.
            Does that mean you could have gotten 19-1 odds if you bet on McCain? I would call that a very good bet. I think his chances are much better than that.

Comment

Not exactly. This is decimal odds. If you bet 10 dollars on Barrack you will get 10,50 back if he wins. If you bet 10 dollar on McCain you will get 100 dollars back if he wins.

And you still can bet LIVE. (of course the odds can change but this is what you get if you bet right now)

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                when CNN declares the Election Winner. I'm going with 8:49 EST.
                What am I missing here? The earliest I see BO winning would be after Colorado polls close, with a great likelihood that it will take the Pacific landslide to seal the deal. I'll say 7:32 PST = 10:32 EST.
                Well, you may be missing nothing, and I may be missing something.
                But, as I read/hear/see it, there are 8 key states with 133 votes, whose polls are closed by 8:00 EST. I don't know how long it will take to do the count, or how CNN will wordsmith it ---- projecting as compared to declaring, etc.
                But unless the vast majority of these 8 states turn against the "poll of polls" going in, then it would seem to be over. Yikes, 1 hour until the first polls close.

Comment

DATUM: 04.11.08 Tid: 23:00 +4

USA:s president 2008?

TID VAL ODDS
                  23:00 Barack Obama 1.05
                  23:00 John McCain 9.50

Comment

So just for fun, what will be the time (to the closest minute), when CNN declares the Election Winner. I'm going with 8:49 EST.
                    The networks will not declare a winner until the polls close on the west coast, so 11pm EST at the earliest. An I believe they will be ready at that time.

Comment

Yes, what if:

Comment

7.30 pm EST.

Comment

From early exit polls, 62% voted economy, 10% Iraq, 9 % terrorism, 9 % health care ----I declare the election over as the first polls close in parts of Indiana and Kentucky. I don't know who won though, gh...

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                            Yes, what if:

Is it my imagination or is that a skinny version of Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Comment

It seems both fascinating and scary to see how much of the 1861-1865 Confederacy is still holding together, especially in light of the perceived melanin levels of the respective candidates. Hopefully, we all can move to a higher level after tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X