This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedfirst
    TD...do you, for those want to participate in the discussion do so and for those who don't, simply don't, not rocket science.

But I do agree TD, we may be divided because it's not discussed and as you pointed out, stereotypes and generalizations are then the order of the day.
    I'm having a blast over here, Speedy. :lol:
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy

And some people do care that she's a lesbian and disagree with the decision.
      Same tune, different board. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM

I've changed my mind about some things.

My favorite color used to be blue.

Comment

I've changed my mind about some things.

My favorite color used to be blue.
          And anyone who thought Marion used drugs was racist, right?

Comment

And anyone who thought Marion used drugs was racist, right?
            Heavens no.

Just you and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
              Originally posted by gh
              I may remove parts of your original post that are beyond the pale. "Free speech" was meant to connote an informed discussion of touchy subjects, not just throw shit against the wall and see what sticks.
              LOL

I assure you that was not the intent.

Only trying to stimulate discussion amongst friends.

Hopefully I haven't offended anyone...or at least offended everyone.
              Morgan Freeman said the way to get past race is quit talking about it. He said he didnt want to be called a blackman, he want to be called simply a man. I think there's some wisdom there.

I dont want to be labeled a white guy, i'm so much more than that! :P White men wear boring clothes, have beer bellies and if they have any soul they borrowed it. :x

I think one reason Ellen Degenrous sp? has an award winning talk show is she stopped screaming, "IM A LESBIAN!" Ellen, we know and we dont care, just be your funny- charming self.
              Morgan Freeman is wrong.

The way to get past the elephant in the room is to acknowledge it until everyone gets used to it.

If Ellen gets away from saying she's a lesbian then when she does say it, it will be news again.

Well for I know this, when Morgan Freeman walks down the street, people see a black man, no getting around that. Depending upon what town you're in, you might get a few names thrown your way, that still exist by the way. Now because some folks don't want to discuss it, certainly doesn't mean the playing field is equal. It's easy to put your head in the sand, hope it goes away, not discuss, that's the easy approach. In order to have resolution, changes,dialogue, cards have to placed on the table.
              on the road

Comment

I did pick one topic.

Political incorrectness. See: thread title.
                But your posts are all addressing specific examples rather than discussing the general theme.

Why bother having any different threads in current events? Afterall, they are all about athletics. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                  I did pick one topic.

Political incorrectness. See: thread title.
                  But your posts are all addressing specific examples rather than discussing the general theme.

Why bother having any different threads in current events? Afterall, they are all about athletics. :P
                  okay.

Let's talk about homosexuals.

What in the ---- are they thinking? :lol:

Fwiw...the thread is a rant where people are free to discuss specifics if they like.

Comment

Re: Politically Incorrect

:twisted:
                    Would white people hate OJ as much if he'd been accused of killing his first wife...who was black?
                    No not as much, but would black people celebrate OJ being found innocent if he was white and his wife was black? :P

OJ was one of the most loved men in America until he started de-capitating people. :cry:
                    Agreed

Comment

[I think one reason Ellen Degenrous sp? has an award winning talk show is she stopped screaming, "IM A LESBIAN!" Ellen, we know and we dont care, just be your funny- charming self.
                      Just a surmise, maybe most heterosexual men find lesbians inoffensive because they agree with both of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X