Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leshawn Merritt's real problem

Any man who has sat at track meets in the company of women of a certain stripe - and I sincerely believe this stripe represents the majority - will shed a tear for poor (i.e. poorly endowed) Leshawn. They swear for Asafa, no matter how often he falters in the clutch, just as their British sisters and the tabloids used to rave over Linford Christie's 'breadbox' back in the day.
    While the press has not yet reached the point where they highlight runners at the opposite end of the spectrum, that day may not be far off. In any event, the men out there know full well that they are being weighed in the balance and often found wanting. What is a less-than-gifted modern-day male athlete to do? Put a sock in it? Don boxing trunks?
    Any suggestions?

Re: Leshawn Merritt's real problem

My suggestion? Don't worry about it- I think the song said it best "it's not the meat, it's the motion!"

Comment

Originally posted by Helen S
      "it's not the meat, it's the motion!"
      Too little meat, no motion I'm afraid

Comment

Originally posted by rudawal
        just as their British sisters and the tabloids used to rave over Linford Christie's 'breadbox' back in the day.
        It was his 'lunch box' they raved about.

THE SPLENDIDLY gothic Royal Courts of Justice in the Strand have been the venue for tense corporate battles, acrimonious marriage breakdowns, celebrity libel actions. All human life, as they say, is here. It is a safe bet that yesterday was the first time the court had heard the term "lunch box" used in open court when it did not refer to something that you kept your sandwiches in.

It came during the celebrity libel action brought by Linford Christie, the former World and Olympic sprint champion, and it certainly had the trial judge confused.

Interjecting in an angry tirade from Christie on the subject, a bemused Mr Justice Popplewell asked: "What is Linford's lunch box?"

Amid laughter in the court, Christie replied: "It's a reference to my genitals, my lord."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/and-w ... 65856.html

Comment

Any man who has sat at track meets in the company of women of a certain stripe - and I sincerely believe this stripe represents the majority - will shed a tear for poor (i.e. poorly endowed) Leshawn.
          I am compelled to unilaterally note that "Free-Speech" weekend does not mean it's "let's talk about the size of an athlete's genitals" week!! :roll: :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
            [I am compelled to unilaterally note that "Free-Speech" weekend does not mean it's "let's talk about the size of an athlete's genitals" week!! :roll: :wink:
            Once again, my inexplicably liberal friend, Marlow, and I are in agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
              my inexplicably liberal friend, Marlow
              What can I say? My parents were Noblesse Oblige conservatives, which, when mixed in with a 1969-1973 Stanford (Hippie Central co-campus with Bezerkley) education, has only one possible outcome: Bleeding-Heart-Power-to-the-People Pinko-Commie leanings!! 8-)

Comment

Just my take, based on responses I've heard from at least a dozen guys. If I was LaShawn I would have just said I took steroids :lol:

Comment

What can I say? My parents were Noblesse Oblige conservatives, which, when mixed in with a 1969-1973 Stanford (Hippie Central co-campus with Bezerkley) education, has only one possible outcome: Bleeding-Heart-Power-to-the-People Pinko-Commie leanings!! 8-)
                  Ain't it a bitch? My ultra-conservative eldest daughter who won a flag waving scholarship as a teenager, emerged from the Univ Wash law school as a flaming limosine liberal. :evil:
                  Go figure. :?

Comment

Marlow wrote:
                    lonewolf wrote:
                    What can I say? My parents were Noblesse Oblige conservatives, which, when mixed in with a 1969-1973 Stanford (Hippie Central co-campus with Bezerkley) education, has only one possible outcome: Bleeding-Heart-Power-to-the-People Pinko-Commie leanings!!
                    Ain't it a bitch? My ultra-conservative eldest daughter who won a flag waving scholarship as a teenager, emerged from the Univ Wash law school as a flaming limosine liberal.
                    Go figure.

Your vast number of posts has evidently given you a measure of authority on this board. However, I humbly submit that the notion that there are set topics which fall under the heading of free spech is absurd. Strange as it may seem to you, each man determines for himself what he chooses to speak about. Merritt, by raising the extenz defense has drawn attention to the matter, and for me it has more relevance on a track and field site (which this still is) than the political leanings of your ancestors/ progeny.

Comment

rudawal, it is not clear on whom you are conferring a measure of authority but, as related to T&F, I agree.

Comment

each man determines for himself what he chooses to speak about.
                        I claim no authority (nor even credibility!), but if the measure of a man (PUN!) is what he posts about, I think I'd rather be known for my heritage than my interest in other men's 'packages' . . . just sayin' . . . :twisted:

Comment

each man determines for himself what he chooses to speak about.
                          I claim no authority (nor even credibility!), but if the measure of a man (PUN!) is what he posts about, I think I'd rather be known for my heritage than my interest in other men's 'packages' . . . just sayin' . . . :twisted:
                          And you certainly will not be the last man to feel a measure of discomfort when the subject of penis size arises...just saying

Comment

My ultra-conservative eldest daughter who won a flag waving scholarship as a teenager, emerged from the Univ Wash law school as a flaming limosine liberal.
                            You just can't overpraise quality education, now can you?
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Imagine what a little education does for one's outlook eh? :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                              X