• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great global warming fizzle

OK alarmist's, have a good read.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 15576.html

Re: The great global warming fizzle

I liked this part from the comments section:
    People are foolish and will act in their own short-term interests. Politicians and businesses will defend sunk costs rather than push for change. They'll seize on unkowns and dismiss the science without making any attempt to understand it. And folks like you will always find a willing audience of people to agree with you, in spite of the evidence.

Comment

What an utterly foolish article.

Comment

More evidence of what a crap paper the WSJ has become. All of the right wing nonsense in one place.

Comment

We have belabored the "global warming" here several times but I did not know acceptance or rejection of the premise was a litmus test of political persuasion.

I believe the main controversy is whether GW is man made. This is where the
          "carbon credit" opportunists cash in. Groups and individuals have taken advantage of the unwarranted scare to benefit but there are people on both sides of the political aisle who believe in and reject it.

The scant, disputable evidence of short term warming waxes and wanes. Both weather and climate are cyclic, locally and globally. What is indisputable is: Earth has been slowly and generally warming since the last Ice Age, 12,000-15,000 years ago without man's contribution.

Personally, I believe man is a totally insignificant creature compared to the forces of the universe and earth will do what it is gonna do despite man's puny efforts to influence the inevitable.
          If you disagree, take comfort that neither of us will live long enough to be proven right or wrong.
          Especially if the Mayans were right.

Comment

Originally posted by Rye Catcher
            If you get your climate advice from an economist, I certainly hope you don't turn to the local weatherman to counsel you for investment purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
              We have belabored the "global warming" here several times but I did not know acceptance or rejection of the premise was a litmus test of political persuasion.
              You're kidding, right? The acceptance/rejection of the scientific consensus reflects "political persuasion" rather starkly.

Comment

yawn - the Earth has been warming for 18,000 years, and will continue for several thousand more. A shame there weren't scientists around to warn the cavemen of the global implications of their campfires...

edit - like lonewolf said lol :wink:
                There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
                  What an utterly foolish article.
                  Couldn't agree more!
                  If you choose not to heed the warnings of legit climatologists, just ask yourself: are we polluting the Earth and should we do something about THAT? Same diff.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf

I believe the main controversy is whether GW is man made. This is where the
                    "carbon credit" opportunists cash in. Groups and individuals have taken advantage of the unwarranted scare to benefit but there are people on both sides of the political aisle who believe in and reject it.

The scant, disputable evidence of short term warming waxes and wanes. Both weather and climate are cyclic, locally and globally. What is indisputable is: Earth has been slowly and generally warming since the last Ice Age, 12,000-15,000 years ago without man's contribution.

Personally, I believe man is a totally insignificant creature compared to the forces of the universe and earth will do what it is gonna do despite man's puny efforts to influence the inevitable.
                    If you disagree, take comfort that neither of us will live long enough to be proven right or wrong.
                    Especially if the Mayans were right.
                    Right on!

Comment

Thank you, gents, for proving my point so perfectly.

Comment

I think some of you spend too much time listening to Fox News, Rush and various clones.

Comment

When a position paper of every single Academy of Science from the industrial countries says the same thing, I tend to pay attention.
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
                            Thank you, gents, for proving my point so perfectly.
                            Originally posted by conor dary
                            I think some of you spend too much time listening to Fox News, Rush and various clones.
                            Typically predictable responses. Liberals always like to look down their noses at those they deem beneath them and somehow always try and point to Fox News, or Rush Limbaugh as though they are the source of all things differing from their own opinions.

I happen to be friends with a scientist who spends everyday of his life studying the effects of carbon emissions, etc. on the environment, and has spent many an hour in Washington DC debunking what often is far overreaching claims of these so-called global warming experts. There are many in the scientific community. I have personally discussed many of these global warming issues (and the science behind it) with him and find him to be far more credible than any of you on the subject. So look down your noses all you want as is so typical from lefties. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by odelltrclan
                              so typical from lefties. :roll:
                              Cuz y'know, we're ALL the same . . . :roll:

Comment

Working...
                              X