Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margaret Thatcher Dead

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Margaret Thatcher Dead

    Originally posted by expat
    Originally posted by user4
    the socialist years preceding Thatcher
    I was there then, were you?
    no, I was picking squash in the noonday heat ... but thanks for asking.

    another great quote from the Lady:

    Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.- Margaret Thatcher

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Margaret Thatcher Dead

      Free market societies will always bubble up into a psuedo feudality. It is inherent in the model. Yes, there will be job creation but not to the benefit of the masses but to their eventual enslavement.

      But the problem isn't with the free marketers but with the masses. Instead of understanding the 1%'s goals and weaknesses the masses live in fear of the 1% and allow them to rule. Eventually the 1% oversteps and the masses take back a little of what they want. This is always too little and too late and never lasts. We are going through a period of feudalism where the 1% holds too much wealth and big swaths of the country live in poverty or near poverty. Whether those masses - much undereducated and underinformed - strike at the 1% or cower in a corner happy for the crumbs will determine the path of the rest of the century.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Margaret Thatcher Dead

        Originally posted by booond
        Free market societies will always bubble up into a psuedo feudality. It is inherent in the model. Yes, there will be job creation but not to the benefit of the masses but to their eventual enslavement.
        could Marx have said it any better?

        Originally posted by booond
        But the problem isn't with the free marketers but with the masses. Instead of understanding the 1%'s goals and weaknesses the masses live in fear of the 1% and allow them to rule. Eventually the 1% oversteps and the masses take back a little of what they want. This is always too little and too late and never lasts. We are going through a period of feudalism where the 1% holds too much wealth and big swaths of the country live in poverty or near poverty. Whether those masses - much undereducated and underinformed - strike at the 1% or cower in a corner happy for the crumbs will determine the path of the rest of the century.
        Except that the 1% are not necessarily advocates and supporters of free markets. They are more than happy to work the communist angle or the fascist angle. They are interested in increasing their wealth by hook or by crook. Buying a government whether, socialist statist (ie. fascist) or internationalist communist, it is all just part of the 1%ers day job.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Margaret Thatcher Dead

          Originally posted by user4
          Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.- Margaret Thatcher
          Oh dear, the household fallacy. I read PPE at Oxford; she read Chemistry, and her lack of understanding of Economics, not to mention Political Theory and Philosophy, showed.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Margaret Thatcher Dead

            Originally posted by expat
            Originally posted by user4
            Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.- Margaret Thatcher
            Oh dear, the household fallacy. I read PPE at Oxford; she read Chemistry, and her lack of understanding of Economics, not to mention Political Theory and Philosophy, showed.
            oh yeah we all forgot that unless you are a socialist statist you cant understand economics.

            Comment

            Working...
            X