Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy 4th! Political leanings of track people...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbirds
    replied
    Re: Happy 4th! Political leanings of track people...

You mean the one that says we are 20 billions years old?

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

Originally posted by dbirds
    I think praying before reading helps one interpret it better. I have read other historical documents that support. Read something by lee strobel
    Or ken ham, they have studied it much thoroughly than I have.
    I know plenty about Ken Ham and the entire creationist movement. It ignores everything that natural sciences learned.

Leave a comment:

• dbirds
    replied

I think praying before reading helps one interpret it better. I have read other historical documents that support. Read something by lee strobel
    Or ken ham, they have studied it much thoroughly than I have.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

A lot of Christians have brought a back name to Jesus by the way they live and act but Jesus was a great man, the son of God and the savior of mankind. Every "discrepancy"
    That you speak of can be explained if you really know the Bible and the content of that era. I'd encourage you to read it more thoroughly (as I continue to do), eternity in heaven is too important to miss!
    I have read it, a lot more than you might think. The difference between us is that I also read biblical scholarship that examines it. Such scholarship has existed primarily only the last two centuries. Oh yes, if you want to debate the Bible with me, I stand at your service, but refrain from patronizing me with statements such as "read it more thoroughly." What is thorough means something entirely different to you than it does to me.

Leave a comment:

• dbirds
    replied

A lot of Christians have brought a back name to Jesus by the way they live and act but Jesus was a great man, the son of God and the savior of mankind. Every "discrepancy"
    That you speak of can be explained if you really know the Bible and the content of that era. I'd encourage you to read it more thoroughly (as I continue to do), eternity in heaven is too important to miss!

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied

I do not think you can correlate/equate religion with politics. I do not believe religion should ever be introduced into politics. I do believe unacceptable behaviour, by cultural common sense, is pertinent.

I am a fairly well behaved individual without being overtly religious. I suppose I am an an agnostic, afflicted by a fundamental Christian upbringing, the absolute veracity of which has been eroded by education and common sense.

I do not criticize true believers of whatever religion, even if I personally believe some have some pretty kooky ideas. I believe the main benefit of religion is to induce a positive standard of behaviour in society. I do not doubt that it gives comfort to believers in traumatic circumstances. I applaud the charitable work of various religious organizations.

Virtually all "religions" are essentially "cults", originating with a "prophet" by one name or another that share a common trait of a diety by one name or another, whether or not there is evidence of the existence of said diety. Religions evolve do/don't lists to prescribe human behavior, which becomes culturally distorted and misinterpreted. Religion has been the root cause of uncountable wars and unfathomable atrocites.

And, it is a huge business providing employment for millions of people, either religous practicioners or providers of goods and services to religion.

I feel I left something out but gotta go to a family July 4th thing.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

All of the above. It's three views on the exact same thing. No one person is gonna tell
    The exact same story but none contradict the others.
    Actually, they do, quite a bit. Re-read your New Testament.

Leave a comment:

• dbirds
    replied

All of the above. It's three views on the exact same thing. No one person is gonna tell
    The exact same story but none contradict the others.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

Modern Christianity? Either they believe in Jesus or not
    What do you mean by "believing in Jesus"?

His existence?
    His teachings as told by strangers that did not know him anywhere between 40 and 150 years after his death?
    His resurrection described in three different ways in the Gospels?
    His divinity?

All of the above has been debated by Christian theologians for centuries with hardly any consensus.

Leave a comment:

• dbirds
    replied

Modern Christianity? Either they believe in Jesus or not

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied

Most were either Jewish or Christian unlike the current president and many of his people
    Nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

Most were either Jewish or Christian unlike the current president and many of his people
    Many were Deists, which does not correlate with modern Christianity.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Originally posted by BillVol
    Someone on here said that most track people are Democrats. Why is that?
    Of course the fact that "somebody said it" doesn't necessarily make it true.

Leave a comment:

• dbirds
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied

I think our nation was more conservative in the first half
    Of the 20th century - before abortion, gay rights and no prayer in schools. Back when our nation was closer to its Judeo-Christian roots!
    Say what?!?! The founding fathers were radical liberals!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X