Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    Aaronk. I may not agree with you on Palin but a troll you are not. I thought your enthusiasm over MC was over the top but you definitely take it to another level with Palin. However, she is by far the best looking VP candidate ever. I guess that is something.
    Why is my support of Sarah Palin "over the top"?
    Simple.

She has been, since being named VP candidate almost 7 years ago, THE most lied about woman (PERSON!) in American history!
    I can understand why that happened, initially.
    The Democrats were afraid of her.
    She'd become too popular too fast.
    They knew they HAD to bring her down....FAST!
    So they invented all kinds of fairy tales about her, and took things her enemies said completely out of context, or even made things up out of whole cloth, with no basis in fact.

Once that "image" of her was embedded in America's psyche, the battle had been won.
    They could just sit back and enjoy watching her go spastic trying to defend herself.

One thing WRONG with that scenario, however.
    It comes down to a maxim I believe in.
    THE TRUTH WILL OUT!

Was Trig HER baby?
    Her father, who WATCHED her give birth, says Trig is her's!
    Would you call her father a liar?

Did she try to ban library books in Wasilla, as Mayor?
    NO!
    She only asked about the library's policy on banning books.
    She in fact is an AVID reader!

Did she know Africa is a continent?
    YES!
    She was directly involved in what was happening in the Sudan and Darfur.

Did she know who was in NAFTA?
    YES!
    She was directly involved in NAFTA with Canada.

Is she a diva?
    NO!
    Divas don't get covered in fish slime, or go hunting in the wilds?
    Divas don't shop in consignment stores?

Did she order $150,000 in clothing in 2008?
    NO!

I could go on and on.
    But my defense of her comes down to one thing.

I see a person whom I like and support being buried in lies and bullshit.
    Having read close to 20 books about her, seen her TV series "SP's Alaska", having seen the documentary about her "The Undefeated", I "know" what's true and what's not about her.

She has an image based on LIES!
    But I believe in TRUTH!

That is why I defend her with such passion.

I also want nothing more (politically speaking) than to live to see a woman become President.
    Many countries have had female Presidents.
    That America has NOT is a shame!

Am I "in love" with Sarah Palin?
    NO!
    I "love" her, as I would anyone, male or female, who I think is worth supporting against her/his enemies.

One good example is my "love" of Bob Dylan.

Would I want to marry him or have sex with him?
    Absolutely NOT!
    But do I believe he has the BEST VOICE in rock and roll?
    YES!
    And I've spent almost my entire adult life defending him against charges his voice is the "worst"!

THAT best describes my passion in defending Sarah.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
      I gotta believe that aaronk is trolling us with his Palin obsession.
      Aaronk may be a number of things but he's not a troll. What he posts he believes.

In this case, he's delusional if he believes that Palin has even a scintilla of a chance at the nomination.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
        I have been "truly deeply in love" with 4 women in my entire life.
        Fran Funaro
        Karen Sullivan
        Alexa Sobel
        Carmen Rosa
        Errata . . . 6 . . . + MC and now SP. Irrational beyond all comprehension, but charming nonetheless. Don Quixote would be jealous of your windmill-tilting passions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Errata . . . 6 . . . + MC and now SP. Irrational beyond all comprehension, but charming nonetheless. Don Quixote would be jealous of your windmill-tilting passions.
          Wrong about the latter 2 (Mary & Sarah).

With the four I named, lust mixed with love to form the complete package.

With Mary & Sarah, lust was NEVER a factor.
          (Though I agree with those who say Sarah Palin is attractive!)

Comment

• Aaronk. As I head out to the training field.

Re Trig: mothers baby, father's ......... MAYBE
            Re Dylan: at least you can now marry him if you do secretly love him

Comment

• Am I the only one that found her athletic accomplishments incredibly impressive.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IatnIb2UL9A

Barracuda !

Sure she has a bit of a grating personality, on par perhaps with HRC.

She would be a great advocate at any level of elected office for the value of competition and HS sport. Id recommend her running for the US Senate.
              Last edited by user4; 07-04-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by user4 View Post
                Am I the only one that found her athletic accomplishments incredibly impressive.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IatnIb2UL9A

Barracuda !

Sure she has a bit of a grating personality, on par perhaps with HRC.

She would be a great advocate at any level of elected office for the value of competition and HS sport. Id recommend her running for the US Senate.
                Thanks for the video.
                I'd seen it before, naturally!

If you're interested in the COMPLETE story of that 1982 season, pick up Mike Shropshire's book "Sarah Palin and the Wasilla Warriors".

Don't be put off because Sarah is featured.
                Actually, Shropshire features the ENTIRE team, and even goes into detail on the players from Service (their '82 opponent).

He describes the season, game by game, taking you on a tour of Alaska in the process.
                Aside from the Sarah factor, it's really an excellent story of a girl's HS basketball team's shocking Championship season.

Again, putting Sarah aside, it's a great SPORTS story.
                Available on Amazon.

Comment

Why would I be put off by Sarah being featured. She is an absolutely amazing person, the HS accomplishments were just the start, her greatest life accomplishment that I can see was when she stood down cronyism and corruption within the GOP in Alaska. If we had one like her in every state we would be a more perfect union. She is a barracuda ! It is just that whenever she goes into that "TV-performance-mode" I kind of wince.
                  Last edited by user4; 07-05-2015, 12:24 AM.

Comment

But isn't that the point? She is SOOO off-putting, it's unbearable to watch anything with her in it. It was fun watching Rob Ford for a while, but then it just got really sad because he was so ridiculous.

Comment

• The political act that says the most about Palin was her decision to walk away from the only major office she ever held in mid-term in order to become a Fox News talking head and reality TV star.

Comment

• Originally posted by jc203 View Post
                        The political act that says the most about Palin was her decision to walk away from the only major office she ever held in mid-term in order to become a Fox News talking head and reality TV star.
                        Read Chapter 5 of her 2009 best-selling memoir "Going Rogue".
                        The chapter is titled "The Thumpin'".
                        In that chapter, she tells EXACTLY the reasons she resigned.

You can believe her...or not.
                        That's up to you.

I believe every word she wrote!

Comment

Working...
                        X