Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who Can Use the (insert letter) Word?

Originally posted by Flumpy
    I'm not offended. :?

'Queen' is hardly comparable to 'Nigger'.
    I don't recall saying they were the same. I compared the backlash someone faced for something they said many decades ago to a spouse that they acknowledge was inappropriate to someone who today use a gay slur, was unapologetic, and faced no backlash.

Comment

Does Honey Boo Boo or her family use the "n" word?

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        she is a latent racist.
        I didn't even know who she was until all this hoopla started recently. But how can you say this? What she said happened 27 years ago if what I read is correct. So, are you the same person you were 27 years ago? Have your life experiences changed or improved you at all?

Racism is one manifestation of bigotry. Hating people because they are different, or look different from yourself. Yet bigotry is alive and well these days and is exemplified on these boards frequently. Left wing vs. Right wing; Liberal v. conservative; Higher educated vs. lesser educated; Religious v. non-religious, I could go on ad nauseum. The politically correct thing is to decry racism while other forms of bigotry are thriving like never before!

Comment

Originally posted by doug5321
          the democrat politicians who rely on black votes are puppets to black activist because they want their endorsement, and the black activist's jackson, sharpton etc. want blacks to think of themselves as victims and see blacks do poorly WHY? well if blacks did well and did not look at themselves as victims the j. jacksons/a. sharpton's would lose their jobs, their high paying jobs.
          Nope. Actually, many Democrat politicians stay away from Jackson because they don't want to alienate white voters. If you recall, Jackson said he wanted to "cut off Obama's nuts." As for what comes to mind with Al Sharpton's most recent activities...he was the one who made noise (thankfully) concerning Treyvon Martin, as well is with the Jena-6. Those individuals didn't see themselves as victims...they were victims. If you're trying to identify activist thugs, you may want to take a look at the Florida Family Association. They' have many "accomplishments" and are especially proud of getting Lowe's and other companies to cancel advertising on a television show about Muslims living in America.

http://floridafamily.org/full_article.php?article_no=23

Comment

Wait? Did you just call the Jena 6 victims?? You are talking about the people that violently beat a 'kid', nearly to death, that had nothing to do with anything?

Are you talking about the Trayvon Martin who, by all the evidence currently available, attacked George Zimmerman and bragged about attacking other innocent people?

Get a clue and educate yourself.

THIS is an example of [inter]racial intolerance that you almost certainly didn't hear about. There is plenty of injustice occurs and things that ought not to be tolerated, but those are two of the worst examples.

EDIT: More than a couple of those innocent Jena 6 have gone on to commit assault, burglary, battery, and more even after savagely beating a kid. They should have all gotten thrown in the slammer for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoff
              Wait? Did you just call the Jena 6 victims?? You are talking about the people that violently beat a 'kid', nearly to death, that had nothing to do with anything?

Are you talking about the Trayvon Martin who, by all the evidence currently available, attacked George Zimmerman and bragged about attacking other innocent people?

Get a clue and educate yourself.

THIS is an example of [inter]racial intolerance that you almost certainly didn't hear about. There is plenty of injustice occurs and things that ought not to be tolerated, but those are two of the worst examples.

EDIT: More than a couple of those innocent Jena 6 have gone on to commit assault, burglary, battery, and more even after savagely beating a kid. They should have all gotten thrown in the slammer for a long time.
              dustoff, I'm already aware of your disdain for black teens. It's interesting that you focus solely on the activity of the individuals after everything was settled. I don't excuse their behavior. I assume you think it was okay for white kids at that school to hang a noose on a tree as part of a prank? You also probably thought it was okay for the black kid to be charged with disturbing the peace, second-degree robbery, and theft of a firearm after taking a shotgun away from a kid who pulled it on him during a dispute.

Comment

Originally posted by TrakFan
                dustoff, I'm already aware of your disdain for black teens. It's interesting that you focus solely on the activity of the individuals after everything was settled. I don't excuse their behavior. I assume you think it was okay for white kids at that school to hang a noose on a tree as part of a prank? You also probably thought it was okay for the black kid to be charged with disturbing the peace, second-degree robbery, and theft of a firearm after taking a shotgun away from a kid who pulled it on him during a dispute.
                Black teens? I hate all teens! :twisted:

Kidding of course, I could care less about color. I am baffled race is a primary concern for anybody. I am engaged to a black woman for what it's worth.... and since I've been involved in track as an athlete, fan, coach, and official, I've seen plenty of great (and bad) people of all races, genders, ages, creeds, abilities, and nationalities.

You claimed the Jena 6 were victims. Of course, they nearly killed an innocent teen themselves and tried to cover it up by lying that he used the very word this thread is titled about!

They were 'victims' of horrible pranks and taunts (and taunted others themselves as well). That is horrible--any reasonable person would agree with that. The kids that were part of the pranks should have been disciplined appropriately.

I don't see what that has to do with nearly killing somebody that was proven to not be involved in any way with the prank who did nothing to provoke the group. Even the convicted felons admitted that they just attacked him based on his race, without any provocation.

You are an idiot if you think nearly killing somebody is an appropriate response to those pranks. They should have been convicted of attempted murder. Their future proved they were violent

Comment

Further, quite confusing you seem to imply the people the hung the nooses didn't face punishment. Besides there not being a particular law against it, they were placed in an alternative school, had 2 week in school suspension, served Saturday detention, and more. I'm not sure what exactly you want a non-violent offense to result in--expulsion?

Only 1 member of the Jena-6 even got a real sentence in spite of being part of a conspiracy that nearly resulted in the death of somebody.

They got off as light as I can imagine anybody getting off.

Comment

Working...
                  X