X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobby Lobby's new ad

This was in my paper today, and I must admit, it chafed me mightily:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/assets/pdf/ho ... /2013i.pdf

The misinformation here astounds me. Whatever happened to American trust in 'Freedom of Religion'? The anti-everything-but-Christian sentiment appalls me.

Re: Hobby Lobby's new ad

They left out that part where Jefferson edited out all of Jesus's miracles from the New Testament, or the ratified Treaty of Tripoli.

Comment

This kind of "piety" is pretty much exactly what the Founding Fathers did NOT have in mind.

The absurdity of a corporation being considered as a person just blows my mind. One of the SC's most outrageously bad decisions, which is saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        The anti-everything-but-Christian sentiment appalls me.
        From where I'm sitting, the world pretty much looks pro-everything-but-Christian. Pretty sure the founding fathers didn't intend for the rest of the country to shove all the Christians into a corner and tell them to shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by pickle47
          From where I'm sitting, the world pretty much looks pro-everything-but-Christian.
          Sit closer or have your glasses checked.

Comment

From where I'm sitting, the world pretty much looks pro-everything-but-Christian. Pretty sure the founding fathers didn't intend for the rest of the country to shove all the Christians into a corner and tell them to shut up.
            No one's telling anyone to shut up. Rather, don't use your religion as a basis for legislation.

Comment

My beef with the hobby lobby ruling is that if any other corporation tried the same thing (say a Muslim corporation ) the Christian rights head would explode.With this ruling there is no separation of church and state. Don't even get me started on "corporations are people"! :evil:

Comment

The First Amendment covers both Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech. If corporations are persons for one, they are for the other. If you want media companies to be free to make want ever films, editorials or books they wish, then you have to be consistent. Either corporations and their owners have rights or they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Ryerson
                  No one's telling anyone to shut up. Rather, don't use your religion as a basis for legislation.
                  Doesn't everyone legislate out of their belief system? You are living out your belief system right now, just as I am and the rest of us on the board. Whether we like it/admit to it or not.

Comment

Marlow rolls in the grenade and calmly walks away... :twisted:
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Ryerson
                      The ironic thing about that comment is that the mandate the Supreme Court invalidated for Hobby Lobby was not in the ObamaCare legislation. It would not have passed otherwise because a handful of pro-life Democrats would not have voted for it. Instead, after ObamaCare passed, the Administration unilaterally enacted a regulation with the mandate. The Supreme Court ruled that the regulation could not be applied in this instance. The Administration could not make it up as it goes along - at least as regards Hobby Lobby.

Comment

This is as absurd a stance as (white) men who say they are a persecuted class.

Comment

Maybe you should consider moving to one of the Bible belt states. You would feel much more comfortable there. :wink:

Comment

This was in my paper today, and I must admit, it chafed me mightily:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/assets/pdf/ho ... /2013i.pdf

The misinformation here astounds me. Whatever happened to American trust in 'Freedom of Religion'? The anti-everything-but-Christian sentiment appalls me.
                            90% of hobby lobby's shit is made in China, the home of State sponsored forced abortions.

Comment

Now the corporations are people, the legality of limited liability needs to disappear. They need to be liable for all actions a speech under the exact same contraints on non-corporate people, without government protections that give them super-rights and create a special class of persons.

Comment

Working...
                              X