Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brief Obama Critique

GH, was right. This has been a very subdued forum this year.

To get it back on track, I was going to write a lengthy treatise on the incompetency, lies, hypocricy, imperialism and dangerous, harmful actions of Barack Obama.

But, we only have a couple of days and it is late so I will just say that if I were to articulate my utter disdain for the personal and political shortcomings of this man I would probably, Free Speech notwithstanding, be kicked off the forum and be visited by Secret Service before dawn.

To those I have offended, just remember it is a two way street.

So, having possibly/probably dissipated nine years of any good will I may have accrued by biting my tongue, I will let it go at that.

No smiley.

Re: Brief Obama Critique

Lonewolf, who do you think was the best President during your lifetime? Also, I know you follow events in Iran pretty closely, so what do you think of the peace overtures that Obama has made towards them?

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf

To get it back on track, I was going to write a lengthy treatise on the incompetency, lies, hypocricy, imperialism and dangerous, harmful actions of Barack Obama.

But, we only have a couple of days and it is late so I will just say that if I were to articulate my utter disdain for the personal and political shortcomings of this man I would probably, Free Speech notwithstanding, be kicked off the forum and be visited by Secret Service before dawn.

So, having possibly/probably dissipated nine years of any good will I may have accrued by biting my tongue, I will let it go at that.

No smiley.
      Total bullshit.
      Nothing Obama could ever do can match the reign of abject misery that President Theodore Bundy(W. Bush)imposed on this nation.
      1)Taking a one month vacation in Texas while ignoring daily briefs that told his dumbass that we were going to be attacked.
      2) 9/11...the worst attack on American soil...EVER.
      3)Attacking Afghanistan.
      4)Attacking Iraq(both wars secretly not on our nations budget...basically on a credit card. Obama put both wars on the budget...he was honest) the Bush Crime Family destroyed those two nations, pissed on our reputation and the constitution, and the men and women of our armed forces died, lost body parts and developed mental illnesses from fighting over there did it for absolute lies!
      5)The criminal negligence of Katrina.
      6)Cheney's secret energy plan.
      7)Abu Ghraib tourture and prisoner abuse.
      8)Medicare part D(fucker tried to privatize treating illness)
      9) The 2008 DEPRESSION

Just a few...I could go on and on but it would only make me fucking sick.

Comment

No smiley.
        No, none needed. That screed you wrote a few years ago was a distressing lame recycling of the standard right-wing talking points. Nothing new, or interesting, or actually thoughtful about it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
          Lonewolf, who do you think was the best President during your lifetime? Also, I know you follow events in Iran pretty closely, so what do you think of the peace overtures that Obama has made towards them?
          Ill answer because it is fun; I personally like that Obama has not pursued the war cries against Iran or Syria. That would not have been in the US interest. At the same time Im disheartened by what we did in Libya and Egypt, neither of those actions advanced "our" interests or the interest of liberty. So a mixed bag in the Middle East ... much like his predecessors.

My least favorite presidents: Wilson, FDR, LBJ.... but Obama seems to make every effort domestically to top them, so I totally get lonewolf's concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee

No smiley.
            3)Attacking Afghanistan.
            I don't see how you can lay this at the feet of W, considering the nearly unanimous support for the invasion of Afghanistan in Congress (518-1) and among the American people (93%) in Fall 2001. Hell, both Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich voted for it, and in a poll conducted in Berkley, CA at the time, 70% of those folks voted for it. I remember the mood of the country back then, and if W had done nothing, he might have been impeached.

Comment

Going to Afghanistan was unavoidable, there is no comparison to Iraq. I was hoping for a quick, possibly 6-month long "police action," taking al-Qaida out, removing Taliban from power and go home. A war of 13 years I had never foreseen.
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                Going to Afghanistan was unavoidable, there is no comparison to Iraq. I was hoping for a quick, possibly 6-month long "police action," taking al-Qaida out, removing Taliban from power and go home. A war of 13 years I had never foreseen.
                ditto that ... but thank goodness we were not ruled by the house of Plantagenet:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Years%27_War

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                  Originally posted by beebee

No smiley.
                  3)Attacking Afghanistan.
                  I don't see how you can lay this at the feet of W, considering the nearly unanimous support for the invasion of Afghanistan in Congress (518-1) and among the American people (93%) in Fall 2001. Hell, both Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich voted for it, and in a poll conducted in Berkley, CA at the time, 70% of those folks voted for it. I remember the mood of the country back then, and if W had done nothing, he might have been impeached.
                  Was congress partly responsible? Yes, but was what Bush and Cheney wanted all along. And they lie to congress and the UN(who called their criminal asses out)Revenge for daddy? The idiot stated numerous times that being a War President would give him political leverage.

This horrific catastrophe is simply bush's baby...no rationalization will absolve that war criminal...who is scared to travel overseas because he knows that certain Nations will try to nab his ass a send him to The Hague.

end of post redacted by mods for ad hominem attack on a fellow poster; you want this whole forum shut down this is the way to do it

Comment

I have trouble pinning much blame on quagmires like Viet Nam, Iraq and Afghanistan on any particular president of either party. To paraphrase Willie S a bit, "there are tides in the affairs of men…"

Meaning, that there are just things that rise up and confront the wisest of men and a decision either way is destined to be the wrong one. Such is the nature of human conflict.

I find Obama horridly disappointing in terms of what he promised and what he is delivering (on things that he most definitely has the whip hand on). He's another big-city hack intent on running a business-as-usual political machine.

I will, however, being a 1000% backer of socialized medicine, count him as one of the best presidents ever just for having the balls to try to get that time bomb of a topic moving through the pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by user4
                      My least favorite presidents: Wilson, FDR, LBJ.... but Obama seems to make every effort domestically to top them, so I totally get lonewolf's concerns.
                      I assume the disdain for Wilson, FDR and LBJ is based on Wilson's overt racism, FDR's internment of American citizens and the LBJ's escalation of the war in Vietnam. All of which I understand and agree with completely.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                        I find Obama horridly disappointing in terms of what he promised and what he is delivering (on things that he most definitely has the whip hand on). He's another big-city hack intent on running a business-as-usual political machine.
                        I think he and his administration was overly optimistic at what could be accomplished given the realities of gerrymandering. Both parties have been guilty with it, and I would hope that everyone here agrees that it should be illegal for districts to be redrawn in order to gain a political advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Ryerson
                          Originally posted by user4
                          I assume the disdain for Wilson, FDR and LBJ is based on Wilson's overt racism, FDR's internment of American citizens and the LBJ's escalation of the war in Vietnam. All of which I understand and agree with completely.
                          yes, Wilson was a racist and FDR courted and coddled and emboldened racists but i dont want to judge them based solely on that issue. I consider Jefferson a great president and he too would be judged a racist today. My bigger concern with Wilson and FDR and to a lesser extent LBJ is their wholesale disregard for the limits of their office and the disrespect they had for our form of government, a limited government. Their disdain for our Constitutional order and its guarantees. Some of the things FDR did are shocking, even today. The harm they have done is long lasting and Obama seems quite comfortable to continue the trend. I suspect this is a big part of what Lonewolf had in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                            A war of 13 years I had never foreseen.
                            Me neither though I strongly supported it at the time.

Comment

Too bad Wolf that you choose to pour disdain without any issues being addressed. It leaves me to wonder whether your issues are with the man, not the Presidency.

Comment

Working...
                              X