• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Stewart gets serious (Charleston)

if this doesn't move you then….

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/kb...hurch-shooting

(5 minutes and 48 seconds)

oh yeah, and then Larry Wilmore rips Fox News a new one (well justified) for their take on the whole thing.

http://theroottv.theroot.com/video/L...he-Nightly-Sho

Comment

Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, McFly! Think! Anybody home? Huh? Think, Fox! Think! Un bee liev a bull

Comment

Originally posted by no one View Post
        Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, McFly! Think! Anybody home? Huh? Think, Fox! Think! Un bee liev a bull
        Sadly, it is part and parcel of Fox News. They have an agenda and they will follow it.

Comment

Fortunately we have guys like Dan Rather, Brian Williams and various late night comedians to set the record straight.

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post
            Fortunately we have guys like Dan Rather, Brian Williams and various late night comedians to set the record straight.
            To lump liar Williams with Stewart shows your ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
              To lump liar Williams with Stewart shows your ignorance.
              You are advertising that you view comedian Jon Stewart as a trusted source for your news ... and as a sign of your enlightenment... very interesting.

Comment

I don't watch any form of network/tv news, serious or otherwise.

Anyone arguing that the church murders were anything less than a racist terrorist attack is simply lying.

Oh, and take down that damn flag. It should have been forever banned on April 10, 1865.

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post
                  You are advertising that you view comedian Jon Stewart as a trusted source for your news ... and as a sign of your enlightenment... very interesting.
                  Yes I do trust Jon Stewart for news...he has never lied to me.
                  The American MSM is a total embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

Anyone arguing that the church murders were anything less than a racist terrorist attack is simply lying.

Oh, and take down that damn flag. It should have been forever banned on April 10, 1865.
                    Agree totally, plus this addition. How can anybody deny that the flag is a symbol for slavery is beyond me. Confederacy was on a wrong side of history and that's that.
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
                      Yes I do trust Jon Stewart for news...he has never lied to me.
                      ??!! I love him and watch every show, but he's a comedian so he OFTEN lies for comedic effect. The difference between him and Fox is that he does it with a smirk on his face and a wink of the eye. And when he does misrepresent the actual facts, he apologizes and presents the correction.

What I DO trust him for, and reason I watch so gleefully, is that he exposes, on video, on a daily basis, the HYPOCRISY of the media and politicians. Last night's show was about how appalled Fox is that someone might use the Charleston tragedy for political ends. Then he showed them doing the very same thing MANY times in the past, when it served THEIR agenda.

Comment

And as I've said often on these threads, start renaming bridges, roads, schools, and remove statues which honor racists, like a KKK Grand Wizard.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego View Post
                          Agree totally, plus this addition. How can anybody deny that the flag is a symbol for slavery is beyond me. Confederacy was on a wrong side of history and that's that.
                          I love how the defenders of the CSA flag (e.g., on a license plate) say it's all about free speech. So if we have free speech, can a license plate have a swastika on it with a motto of "Kill the Jews"? Of course not. To me, a Confederate flag means roughly the same, as slave masters routinely killed 'uppity' slaves, with impunity, as an example to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            ??!! I love him and watch every show, but he's a comedian so he OFTEN lies for comedic effect.
                            Lies on actual news? And often would suggest more than a few.
                            Last edited by booond; 06-23-2015, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                              Lies on actual news? And often would suggest more than a few.
                              "Actual news" is anything of topical interest, so yes, he lies very often. He says outrageously impossible things about tea-partiers and Fox News all the time. It's called satire. Sorta like eating Irish babies.

Comment

Working...
                              X