Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Hillary Electable

Any strong Democrat should be able to collect a blue state electoral college majority against the collection of light weights on the Republican stage.
    But I've got doubts about how strong a candidate Hillary will be.
    IMHO she's has tons of unpleasant baggage, presents as haughty and not very likable and does not have the nearly the political campaign instincts or skills of her husband or the current POTUS.
    If she were better at the campaign crunch, she would have won the nomination 7 years ago.
    A number of hard core Democrats I know (including me!), who would never vote for any of the 18 Republican clowns in the race so far, would still have to hold our collective noses to cast a vote for Hillary.
    Is she electable?

The current republican dog show(no disrespect meant to dogs) would have trouble beating those two lunatic escaped murderers from Upstate New York.

The three worst of the republican clown bus...

Cruz...world class asshole, makes W. Bush seem like FDR.
    Tump...No redeeming quality, probably the most insecure man in America.
    Christie...a 400 pound obnoxious vindictive union despising bully who believes that yelling at registered voters is being a leader.

Comment

Clinton is not a pleasant person with baggage but the baggage is mainly considered baggage by the mouth breathers. Benghazi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What she will have is history and it will be hard to not vote for the first woman president when she's going up against the essence of white bread in JEB? or Scotty.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
        Clinton is not a pleasant person with baggage but the baggage is mainly considered baggage by the mouth breathers. Benghazi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What she will have is history and it will be hard to not vote for the first woman president when she's going up against the essence of white bread in JEB? or Scotty.
        Don't forget the emails, and the Clinton foundation...

Translated...they've got nothing.

Comment

People (Like Senator Ted Cruz) who are willing to stand for true constitutional principle are seen as "assholes" by those who aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon View Post
            People (Like Senator Ted Cruz) who are willing to stand for true constitutional principle are seen as "assholes" by those who aren't.
            You mean like voting against Obamacare multiple times then signing his family up for it?

Comment

It all comes down to: who is her competition. On the Dem side not much. On the Rep side moderates like Bush, Rubio, can give her a good run. Otherwise she can be her own worst enemy, but she's disciplined and if the Republicans don't disenfranchise too many minorities she'll win. Electoral votes folks. Bush/Rubio can win Florida, so that's a major plus, but the Blue states have more people so the Reps have an uphill battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon View Post
                Which true constitutional principles is Senator Cruz standing up for that others (who are those others) aren't?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                  It all comes down to: who is her competition. On the Dem side not much. On the Rep side moderates like Bush, Rubio, can give her a good run. Otherwise she can be her own worst enemy, but she's disciplined and if the Republicans don't disenfranchise too many minorities she'll win. Electoral votes folks. Bush/Rubio can win Florida, so that's a major plus, but the Blue states have more people so the Reps have an uphill battle.
                  Rubio's only benefit is Florida but he's not a very bright guy. I can't see him stepping ahead of JEB?????? or Scotty.

Comment

I spend a decent amount of time with a black landlord in Harlem when I visit NYC. For the most part, she feels that black women and men do not like Hillary for the vicious campaign she ran against Obama in 2008. The office Bill Clinton opened in Harlem is not enough to change the scenario. Of course, that's just one person's opinion, but she's a very intelligent and successful woman.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
                      I spend a decent amount of time with a black landlord in Harlem when I visit NYC. For the most part, she feels that black women and men do not like Hillary for the vicious campaign she ran against Obama in 2008. The office Bill Clinton opened in Harlem is not enough to change the scenario. Of course, that's just one person's opinion, but she's a very intelligent and successful woman.
                      African American here...I think that I speak for us more so than you I know absolute zero African Americans who hold a toughly fought campaign Hillary waged against Obama.
                      Believe this...most Black Americans despise republicans for the horrific and unprecedented disrespect and obstruction relentlessly going after Obama...country be damned.

Republicans have lost the Black vote for generations.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post

Republicans have lost the Black vote for generations.
                        When was the last Presidential election when blacks didn't vote in the VAST majority for the Democrat?
                        When I say "vast", I'm talking of close to 85 or 90 percent-----or higher!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                          When was the last Presidential election when blacks didn't vote in the VAST majority for the Democrat?
                          When I say "vast", I'm talking of close to 85 or 90 percent-----or higher!
                          Those previous elections were based on issues...now it's issues and mutual hatred.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
                            Those previous elections were based on issues...now it's issues and mutual hatred.
                            One thing that might be different in the 2016 campaign is that Hispanics have moved ahead of blacks as the largest "minority" in the US.

And with immigration---and maybe Obama's move toward Cuba---being key issues, it might not be the blacks who determine the 2016 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                              One thing that might be different in the 2016 campaign is that Hispanics have moved ahead of blacks as the largest "minority" in the US.

And with immigration---and maybe Obama's move toward Cuba---being key issues, it might not be the blacks who determine the 2016 winner!
                              Dream on...your party has major issues regarding immigration as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X