Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by booond View Post
    Trump and Putin and WikiLeaks colluded to push false memes about her and 60 million (3 million fewer than voted for her) fell for it.
    Those 'memes' were not the reason his voters went for him. They were just fed up with business-as-usual in DC. Weren't we all? I was not enamored with Hillary, but I sure as heck did not want the Donald!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Those 'memes' were not the reason his voters went for him. They were just fed up with business-as-usual in DC. Weren't we all? I was not enamored with Hillary, but I sure as heck did not want the Donald!
      Don't sugarcoat it. They didn't vote for Trump because he was "fresh" or "outside the beltway". They voted for him because he told them whatever they wanted to hear, and by doing so tapped into a very dark place of society. He's a con man, plain and simple. The Art of the Deal is not masterful business acumen -- it's being able to swindle someone by playing to their deepest fantasies. "I know more than the generals!" "I know how to defeat ISIS!" "No one knows the system better than me!" etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        The "fed up with business-as-usual in DC" is the bullshit answer. People are always fed up with DC. And it isn't like republicans weren't a major part of the business-as-usual they held both houses and did everything in their power to thwart Obama, including not having a hearing for a Supreme court nominee. If people were tired of the shenanigans they would've voted them out. Let's not forget that the Dems bailed the country out of a huge disaster created by the republicans.

The main problems for Hillary were Hillary and the perception that she wasn't a truthful person - this is a hilarious reason to vote for Trump who lies 75% of the time or better but the memes from conservative talk and russian forces, plus the FBI gave her that label. Add in that she was a woman and not very charismatic - only a rotting corpse could lose a charisma race against Trump but there you are. And Trump was able to thread the needle in all the states he needed by conning poor, old, white people longing for the days when they had good jobs at the Whirlpool plant into thinking those days would return.

Comment

If it weren't for those damned E-mails, the so-called mainstream media would have had nothing to talk about and nothing to turn into daily tabloid folly (for which, after all this, there was nothing there), and things would have been very different today.

I have not watched cable or national network news since.
          Last edited by CookyMonzta; 07-05-2017, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
            If it weren't for those damned E-mails, the so-called mainstream media would have had nothing to talk about and nothing to turn into daily tabloid folly (for which, after all this, there was nothing there), and things would have been very different today.

I have not watched cable or national network news since.
            Emails and Benghazi. Both pounded by lazy or corrupt - hi Rupe, how ya doing - media.

Comment

Both Mark Penn in 2008 and John Podesta in 2016 were totally incompetent. And it was her decision to hire them.

Comment

Emails and Benghazi. Both pounded by lazy or corrupt - hi Rupe, how ya doing - media.
                Millions and millions of opposition research and anti-Hillary advertising while all media gave trump free commercial time wherever whenever he popped up.

Those who claimed to "wanting something different" should be the most angry. "Drain the swamp"? Don't hear that bullshit anymore. Instead of draining the swamp that fool created an Everglades with career politicians, lobbyists, nepotism, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                  Both Mark Penn in 2008 and John Podesta in 2016 were totally incompetent. And it was her decision to hire them.
                  I'll agree but, as Trump proved, competent staff is unnecessary if you have the right shtick. He had the cheers and the tagline and despite her crushing him in the debates those were enough. It helps to be a great con man and have Russia running point for you.

Comment

I'll agree but, as Trump proved, competent staff is unnecessary if you have the right shtick. He had the cheers and the tagline and despite her crushing him in the debates those were enough. It helps to be a great con man and have Russia running point for you.
                    No. Trump does not prove that. As evil as Conway might be, she is far more competent than Podesta. If she had not replaced Manafort, Trump would not be the president today.

Comment

• Conway wasn't nearly as effective as the time given to Trump every day and, of course, the many Russian hackers, Wikileak drops, and fake news - pizzagate! Comey didn't hurt, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by booond View Post
                        Conway wasn't nearly as effective as the time given to Trump every day and, of course, the many Russian hackers, Wikileak drops, and fake news - pizzagate! Comey didn't hurt, either.
                        Unless telling damn lies is somehow a good thing I cannot think of a single positive thing Conway did.

Comment

• Originally posted by beebee View Post
                          Unless telling damn lies is somehow a good thing I cannot think of a single positive thing Conway did.
                          Of course, helping Trump win the election is neither good nor positive. No question about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by booond View Post
                            I'll vote for Hillary. I assume she'll be the nominee. No one's a perfect candidate but I wouldn't hire any of the republicans to scrape shit off a sidewalk.
                            Sadly we found out the USA has a lot of shit scrapers

Comment

• Originally posted by mump boy View Post
                              You'd be WAY behind Bangladesh i'm afraid !!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaleda_Zia

"For the better part of the last two decades, Khaleda's chief rival has been Awami League leader Sheikh Hasina. The two women have alternated as non-interim prime ministers since 1991"
                              And NZ in November 1999. Labour's Helen Clarke defeating National's Jenny Shipley

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                                I agree with this. You should pick a President the same way you pick a brain surgeon, not the way you pick someone to take a road trip with.
                                And some brain surgeons should have stayed a brain surgeon

Comment

Working...
                                X