Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Above testing positive

I believe that in every professional sport, their are certain athletes who are not allowed to test positive for drugs, regardless of the facts.

For example, and I'm not accusing anyone of actually being on PEDs, but if Usain Bolt were to come up positive, I don't believe for a second that the result would be announced.

In the NBA, Lebron James I believe is above testing as well as several others including Koby Bryant, Tim Duncan and probably others.

In MLB I believer Derek Jeter was above testing as well as current players Mike Trout, and Bryce Harper.

In the NFL I believe anyone who plays QB is above testing.

The PGA has Tiger Woods

Tennis has Rafa, Federer, dJokovic, the Williams Sisters

I am sure I am missing many others.
    Feel free to discuss.

Reminder, I am not accusing anyone nor do I have any factual information other then MLB had a list of 100 players who failed drug tests and very few of those names have ever became public.

You are a nut case

Comment

Pete Rose was too important to fall - and he did.
      Lance Armstrong was too important to fall - and he did.
      Marion Jones was too important to fall - and she did.

Comment

I don't know who Pete Rose is but the other 2 didn't fall by testing positive.

I think the OP has a point and is possibly correct.

Naming no names but I saw a documantary recently where one of the above was interviewed and they had a serious case of HGH face.

I doubt very much they would ever be rumbled though.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Pete Rose was too important to fall - and he did.
          Lance Armstrong was too important to fall - and he did.
          Marion Jones was too important to fall - and she did.
          Let's add A-Rod.
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Woods!? Nonsense. Go look at his physique if that's a theoretical clue, when he was winning the "Tiger Slam". Fit and lean but not monstrous like a football player. Admittedly he was a fitness and training fanatic back then so he was bigger than most golfers at the time.

Remember if distance is the key to winning in golf then you would want to promote strength. Was he the longest hitter back then? What about his 1st major when he annihilated everyone. He barely fit into his shirt at 21.

Anyways, I have spent to much time already on Woods. He was an early phenom annd has come back to earth, mostly of his own doing (Personal issues, swing changes, playing through injury, etc.). This is not new in the history of other sports, just golf.

Comment

Originally posted by lexvid View Post
              I have spent to much time already on Woods. He was an early phenom annd has come back to earth, mostly of his own doing (Personal issues, swing changes, playing through injury, etc.).
              He would make an outstanding psychological case study. Since golf is such a mental sport, his tawdry public soiling probably did more to his psyche than age ever could.

Comment

Let me put it in terms that make sense to a kiwi. If Jonah Lomu had tested positive in 1994 prior to the World Cup, would the rugby union have announced it, or sat on the results. Mind you I have no idea if they even test in rugby.
                To repeat, I am not accusing anyone of using steroids, not Tiger Woods, not Usain Bolt, not anyone, I am simply suggesting that certain athletes have become so marketable as the face of a sport, that the governing bodies will make sure they do not tarnish the sport.

Comment

problem with your theory is that "governing bodies" now find much of testing outside their control. You think WADA cares if a big star goes down? On the contrary, I'd think they're doing whatever possible to get the highest-profile fish possible to help justify their existence.

Comment

WADA might but I have no doubt the IAAF would cover up a Bolt +ive if they could get away with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X