Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we'll probably come to regret this.....

.... but the Free Speech forum is now open.

Feel at liberty to piss off people here you'd otherwise have a good relationship with.

Originally posted by gh View Post
    .... but the Free Speech forum is now open.
    Feel at liberty to piss off people here you'd otherwise have a good relationship with.
    My post there is meant to be NON-political. Unfortunately, what used to be a Democrat (Bleeding-Heart Commie-Pinko Liberal) vs. Republican (Reasctionary Neo-Fascist) discussion has devolved into a nation-wide Trump-Apologist vs. Trump-as-Buffoon) nastiness.

If my post's premise could avoid that, that would be extra special!!!
    It's about civility and our 5 basic Freedoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      My post there is meant to be NON-political. Unfortunately, what used to be a Democrat (Bleeding-Heart Commie-Pinko Liberal) vs. Republican (Reasctionary Neo-Fascist) discussion has devolved into a nation-wide Trump-Apologist vs. Trump-as-Buffoon) nastiness.

If my post's premise could avoid that, that would be extra special!!!
      It's about civility and our 5 basic Freedoms.
      For those who are not familiar.

Freedom of Religion.
      Freedom of Speech.
      Freedom of the Press.
      Freedom to Assemble Peaceably.
      Freedom to Petition the Government for a Redress of Grievances.

Comment

Last year, after years of lobbying against Free Speech Week, I had a manifesto prepared. Thankfully,we skipped Free Speech last year avoiding a year of lingering acrimony. It felt so good I am skipping this year.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
          Last year, after years of lobbying against Free Speech Week, I had a manifesto prepared. Thankfully,we skipped Free Speech last year avoiding a year of lingering acrimony. It felt so good I am skipping this year.
          You're a wise man. Nothing but a circle jerk, but hey, that's freedom!

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
            You're a wise man. Nothing but a circle jerk, but hey, that's freedom!
            The difference being that in a circle jerk every participant has a momentary good feeling.. In the Free Speech forum, there is no winner.. every body loses

Comment

I cannot disagree with that sentiment

Comment

I changed my mind about posting on Free Speech this year. This is my unpublished manifesto from last year. I have not changed a word or my opinion of the man's personality, intellect and idiosyncracies.

When there were 17 men on the stage at the Republican dog and pony show, he was probably my last choice.

Still, I am grateful and relieved that he won the election. Although he keeps shooting himself in the foot with inane, ill advised tweets, I agree with most of his actions, if not with his procedure. Illegal immigration is down and he is reversing executive orders that I feel were wrong.I believe the US is regaining world wide respect and on the road to an improved economy.
                This just my opinion, not an invitation to debate.

AN OLD CODGER’S RUMINATIONS ABOUT DONALD J. TRUMP
                As a reasonably cognizant, fourth generation rock-ribbed Republican, I have been observing people and events for 85 years. I have a few thoughts to share about Republican-come-lately Donald J. Trump

I was aware of the Donald as a self-aggrandizing, egotistical, silver spoon born blowhard with a checkered financial and marital resume and an insatiable need for attention. However, until he ran for President of the United States, I did not really appreciate what a loathsome, rude, crude, ignorant, shallow, petulant, thin-skinned hypocrite he is, devoid of common courtesy and decency, shameless and, apparently, incapable of embarrassment. With his limited inappropriate vocabulary, he incessantly brags about his (exaggerated) wealth as he repeats meaningless clichés while waiting for his next incoherent thought to germinate.

Almost amusingly, he deludes himself that people like him, even as polls show he is the most personally unpopular candidate in memory. Mere mortals fall in and out of his favor impetuously.

Ironically, I agree with some of his ill–defined pronouncements, while skeptical he actually has a plan or can accomplish them, but I cannot overcome my revulsion of the man himself. It is unthinkable that this impulsive, vindictive, arrested adolescent boor may represent America in international affairs.

The three Ps of Politics: Personality, Policy and Performance. The Bloviating Baron of Broadway fails the first ignominiously, cannot articulate the second and has a blank resume for the third.

Never has America faced such a dismal choice between two unqualified, undeserving candidates for President.
                Incredibly, despite his ignominy, he is still a better choice than the incompetent, untrustworthy, Hillary Clinton, unrepentant serial liar and unindicted veteran of repeated scandals and crimes over the past 30 years.
                Lonewolf
                Last edited by lonewolf; 07-05-2017, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Jeez, Lonewolf, talk about "back-handed compliments"!!
                  LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    For those who are not familiar.

Freedom of Religion.
                    Freedom of Speech.
                    Freedom of the Press.
                    Freedom to Assemble Peaceably.
                    Freedom to Petition the Government for a Redress of Grievances.
                    What about the 21st Amendment, the freedom I enjoy the most?
                    Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

No debate here, I agree with you 100%.
                      Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

I changed my mind about posting on Free Speech this year. This is my unpublished manifesto from last year. I have not changed a word or my opinion of the man's personality, intellect and idiosyncracies.

When there were 17 men on the stage at the Republican dog and pony show, he was probably my last choice.

Still, I am grateful and relieved that he won the election. Although he keeps shooting himself in the foot with inane, ill advised tweets, I agree with most of his actions, if not with his procedure. Illegal immigration is down and he is reversing executive orders that I feel were wrong.I believe the US is regaining world wide respect and on the road to an improved economy.

As a reasonably cognizant, fourth generation rock-ribbed Republican, I have been observing people and events for 85 years. I have a few thoughts to share about Republican-come-lately Donald J. Trump

I was aware of the Donald as a self-aggrandizing, egotistical, silver spoon born blowhard with a checkered financial and marital resume and an insatiable need for attention. However, until he ran for President of the United States, I did not really appreciate what a loathsome, rude, crude, ignorant, shallow, petulant, thin-skinned hypocrite he is, devoid of common courtesy and decency, shameless and, apparently, incapable of embarrassment. With his limited inappropriate vocabulary, he incessantly brags about his (exaggerated) wealth as he repeats meaningless clichés while waiting for his next incoherent thought to germinate.

Almost amusingly, he deludes himself that people like him, even as polls show he is the most personally unpopular candidate in memory. Mere mortals fall in and out of his favor impetuously.

Ironically, I agree with some of his ill–defined pronouncements, while skeptical he actually has a plan or can accomplish them, but I cannot overcome my revulsion of the man himself. It is unthinkable that this impulsive, vindictive, arrested adolescent boor may represent America in international affairs.

The three Ps of Politics: Personality, Policy and Performance. The Bloviating Baron of Broadway fails the first ignominiously, cannot articulate the second and has a blank resume for the third.

Never has America faced such a dismal choice between two unqualified, undeserving candidates for President.
                        Incredibly, despite his ignominy, he is still a better choice than the incompetent, untrustworthy, Hillary Clinton, unrepentant serial liar and unindicted veteran of repeated scandals and crimes over the past 30 years.
                        Lonewolf
                        Having resisted the temptation to post on your FS thread I must put you right on one thing... do not think that USA are gaining more respect because of the actions, views etc of a clown voted in by the electorate. Not true here in the UK and one or two other countries with which I have connections.
                        However, currently the British public are as angry and divided as your land appears to be and many would like an acknowledged self admiring, holier than thou, self righteous crypto Communist fellow traveller to be our leader.Fellow called Corbyn... a left wing ignoramus if you do not know of him.

Comment

By the way, lonewolf, a great description of your leader. could not improve on it.!!

Comment

Lonewolf
                            lonewolf, would you please stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel. LOL!!! WOW!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X