Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In an alternate universe, who would you like to see as president?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In an alternate universe, who would you like to see as president?

Imagine we could restart the 2016 political season and you were granted a wish to see whoever you choose be president of the U.S.A. Who would it be?

Would you still choose Trump, or Clinton? Sanders? One of the other primary candidates in either party? Someone totally out of mainstream political scene?

My "political fantasy" would be 4 more years of Obama, or maybe Michelle! LOL ... But failing that, I'd be intrigued by someone like John Stewart, who might be smart enough to see past the extremism in both parties. Or maybe someone like Cory Booker. Among the Dems -- Clinton, Sanders, Biden, Warren -- all have imperfections and honestly I'd prefer someone closer to 55-early 60s then someone at 70 or over (call me ageist if you will).

I'd even consider a moderate Republican. I have to believe there are some in that realm that never made it to the primary season. Wasn't too impressed with any of those running vs. Trump back then ... maybe Kasich? Would be interested to hear what anyone thinks on all of this.

Originally posted by steveu View Post
    Would you still choose Trump, or Clinton? Sanders?
    No, no and no.

My "political fantasy" would be 4 more years of Obama
    I'd be OK with that, but I think the election made it clear that too many Americans are tired of the status quo.

I have no freakin idea who would be good, but the smart ones would refuse to run.

Colbert announced his 2020 run. That would be . . . interesting. Jon Stewart as VP would seal the ticket for me.

Comment

Jed Bartlet

Comment

Jed Clampett

Comment

Emmanuel Macron.

Comment

How about Joe Kennedy in 2020?
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
              Jed Bartlet

Had to look that up, having never watched West Wing (has recently been highly recommended and imagine I'll someday soon do a 2-3 month "binge" on it). As long as we're on fictional presidents, I liked Kiefer Sutherland's version on Designated Survivor...

Comment

I hear Chris Christie is looking for his chance in the sun!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp View Post
                  I hear Chris Christie is looking for his chance in the sun!
                  He already got it!

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/as...xlarge-169.jpg

Comment

No
                    ==
                    Clinton, Clinton, Obama, Sanders

Significantly better but still no
                    ==================
                    Melania, Ivanka, Barron

Yes
                    ==
                    Bill Gates

Comment

Please don't start with all the FALSE memes about her, but I still believe Sarah Palin would make an outstanding President!

And now that Trump is POTUS (Still a shock to the system--both mine & the USA's!), having Sarah as Prez doesn't seem so bad after all!!

As Governor, she was lots more "progressive" than her strong conservatism would allow to expect!!
                      While she "endorsed" Trump--I don't see that as disqualifying!
                      She picked a guy "outside the Beltway"---as her Independent stances see as a positive!

She HAS Executive experience, and fully supports our Military, and while she's firmly Pro-Life, her record shows she's moderated her views to fit what the Constitution (Both US & Alaska's!) sees as the Law!!
                      She respects the Constitution above all!!

Anyway, I'd love to see her run in 2020!
                      She'd be almost 57 when she took office!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                        Please don't start with all the FALSE memes about her, but I still believe Sarah Palin would make an outstanding President!

And now that Trump is POTUS (Still a shock to the system--both mine & the USA's!), having Sarah as Prez doesn't seem so bad after all!!

As Governor, she was lots more "progressive" than her strong conservatism would allow to expect!!
                        While she "endorsed" Trump--I don't see that as disqualifying!
                        She picked a guy "outside the Beltway"---as her Independent stances see as a positive!

She HAS Executive experience, and fully supports our Military, and while she's firmly Pro-Life, her record shows she's moderated her views to fit what the Constitution (Both US & Alaska's!) sees as the Law!!
                        She respects the Constitution above all!!

Anyway, I'd love to see her run in 2020!
                        She'd be almost 57 when she took office!
                        She's an idiot. We've had two idiots out of the last three presidents and if the 2001-2009 idiot didn't crush the country the 2017-??? idiot is trying to pick up and finish the job. Let's, at least, aim for competent. The alleged greatest country in the world should aim above cranking material for a leader, shouldn't they?
                        Last edited by booond; 07-05-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                          She's an idiot.
                          I wouldn't go that far, but she is a female Trump type - full of self-importance, while really not understanding any of the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                            She's an idiot.
                            One of those FALSE memes I spoke of!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              I wouldn't go that far, but she is a female Trump type - full of self-importance, while really not understanding any of the issues.
                              Cons can't truly be idiots but in the areas where a president needs skills she's lacking all of them, except she took a good picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X