Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Admit it folks...you regret voting for this unfit man.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admit it folks...you regret voting for this unfit man.

This has been one long nightmare.

I will take a wild guess that you are referring to the USA and Mr. Trump.
    To your post: I think this nightmare is just getting warmed up.
    To your thread's title assertion: I think the basic premise is wrong. While plenty of people regret that he is President, I think hardly anyone who voted for him regrets it at all. I don't know a lot of Trump voters, but those I do know are pretty happy with him. Their disappointments, if any, are more on the theme of "I want him to be as aggressive as he was in the campaign."
    Last edited by Master Po; 07-04-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

For me, it keeps coming back to SIXTY MILLION Americans (admittedly a voting minority) being fundamentally disgusted with the status quo. We can't complain about Trump till we address THEIR concerns, regardless of whether Trump actually does.

Comment

The swing voters that made a mistake aren't the problem. It's the people that voted for Trump just because he had an "R" next to his name.

This nightmare could end relatively quickly if congress does their job and removes the man from office, but they are keeping him around because he will approve the tax cuts that they want for their friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          For me, it keeps coming back to SIXTY MILLION Americans (admittedly a voting minority) being fundamentally disgusted with the status quo. We can't complain about Trump till we address THEIR concerns, regardless of whether Trump actually does.
          Their concerns are our concerns...they've been lied to.
          When loved ones die because of the sub-human GOP healthcare plan they will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Merner521 View Post
            The swing voters that made a mistake aren't the problem. It's the people that voted for Trump just because he had an "R" next to his name.

This nightmare could end relatively quickly if congress does their job and removes the man from office, but they are keeping him around because he will approve the tax cuts that they want for their friends.
            If Trump were removed from office, he'd be replaced with Pence, who would approve the same tax cuts with fewer things to distract him.

That's why I'm yet to be convinced that removing Trump would be a good thing, precisely because he's totally unfit to be president. A competent Republican, like Pence, would do most of the same bad things, just more efficiently. Also, while Trump's antics haven't cost him that much support in the US, he's making both himself and the Republicans look silly internationally.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
              Also, while Trump's antics haven't cost him that much support in the US, he's making both himself and the Republicans look silly internationally.
              There's a whole-lotta 'distancing' going on inside the Beltway right now. The Mika insults and the wrasslin video have made it more evident that dementia is right around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Po View Post
                To your thread's title assertion: I think the basic premise is wrong. While plenty of people regret that he is President, I think hardly anyone who voted for him regrets it at all. I don't know a lot of Trump voters, but those I do know are pretty happy with him.
                You are absolutely right on this. Only 2% of them regret voting for him, and 96% say it was the right thing to do.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/page/...EeeSjjYkU5Bg6A

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                  You are absolutely right on this. Only 2% of them regret voting for him, and 96% say it was the right thing to do.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/page/...EeeSjjYkU5Bg6A
                  It is quite difficult for some to confess that they're wrong. W had strong republican support until the miserable end. Years from now many will simply deny they voted for this hideous man.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee
                    It is quite difficult for some to confess that they're wrong.
                    I have a number of friends, intelligent and educated that worship the ground Trump walks on. Totally incomprehensible to me.
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Not everybody in that 96% likes Trump, though; it includes Republicans who voted Trump to stop Clinton and would do so again, but would have preferred someone else on the Republican ticket.

Comment

4 of my breakfast buddies voted for him. One regretted it day one, one rued it before the inauguration (thank you spell check) the other two don't like him, won't say they regretted it, won't praise him either. All hated Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Nope. Many voted for the lie. They wanted to believe the lie, the con. They were conned by the television persona. And like many who are conned they are too embarrassed to admit they bought a pile of steaming shit while the experienced, competent person, who would address their concerns, cost the same price. No one in power today will address their concerns and, SHOCK, are going to harm them more then help them.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
                            A competent Republican, like Pence, would do most of the same bad things, just more efficiently.
                            Pence is very beatable in 2020. He won't have the momentum or support that Trump currently has (or is currently losing).

I can also think of one very good reason that Pence would be an improvement. He has never asked why we can't use our stockpile of nuclear weapons. The other guy has (several times). Given that the President is the sole individual who can order a nuclear strike, and the system is not designed to provide the time to question that order, well...

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                              They were conned by the television persona.
                              The TV persona was an ARCH-buffoon. I assumed the Trump lovers were writing that off as performance art.

Comment

Working...
                              X