Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump: Great President, or Greatest President??

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trump: Great President, or Greatest President??

    Put me down for none of the above . . .

  • #2
    Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
    Put me down for none of the above . . .
    Oldest to enter office, so he is worthy of some superlatives.

    On that subject, he is the third president we've elected who was born in 1946 (and the other two guys were 2-termers!). How much power do you stinkin hippies need?

    I mean, my parents are baby boomers, so you're not all bad, but, yeah, it's pretty much all your fault.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Merner521 View Post
      On that subject, he is the third president we've elected who was born in 1946 (and the other two guys were 2-termers!). How much power do you stinkin hippies need?
      And all three were all born in a 2-month span.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm still partial to Millard Fillmore since I live on Fillmore St.

        Comment


        • #5
          Trump: Great President, or Greatest President??
          Future historians will have more to say about the Trump Years than ALL the other presidents of the 20th/21st Centuries combined. But it will be LESS about Trump, and lots more about how he was elected and how so many people stayed in his 'base' long after he proved himself a buffoon, bigot and meglomaniac.
          These are, by far, the darkest (non-war-year) days the USA has EVER experienced, and that includes the Great Depression.

          Comment


          • #6
            Mueller Time is coming...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Future historians will have more to say about the Trump Years than ALL the other presidents of the 20th/21st Centuries combined. But it will be LESS about Trump, and lots more about how he was elected and how so many people stayed in his 'base' long after he proved himself a buffoon, bigot and meglomaniac.
              These are, by far, the darkest (non-war-year) days the USA has EVER experienced, and that includes the Great Depression.
              He was voted in with the same personality and incompetence he has shown since that time. It isn't shocking that only a few percentage points have peeled away. This is the person they wanted. And people are slow to admit they were wrong, especially in the face of the such backlash. They belong to a cult, it will take time to admit they were wrong, if ever.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JRM View Post
                Mueller Time is coming...
                Trump is so slimy nothing big enough to get Republicans to impeach him will stick.

                Originally posted by booond View Post
                They belong to a cult, it will take time to admit they were wrong, if ever.
                A 60,000,000 person cult?! I can't be that cynical.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JRM View Post
                  Mueller Time is coming...
                  It has always bothered me that this site lacks a “like” button....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think Trump is a lock for being considered as one of the worst 5 American presidents. So far, his actions do not demonstrate that he sat on his hands while the country prepared for civil war(Buchanan), frittered away the opportunity for real reconstruction ( Andrew Johnson), or sat on his hands as the country went into the great depression(Hoover). He has not yet squandered the gift of peace and prosperity (GWB). He could get a lot worse. He has not yet been truly tested.

                    He does of course bring a level of evil and incompetence that has not been seen in the office in my lifetime.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If trump had been president in 1941 there wouldn't have been a lend lease, and Britain likely would have fallen to the nazis. If trump had been president in 1947 there wouldn't have been a Marshall plan, and Europe would have had a tougher time rebuilding, and more of it would have fallen to the Soviets. His sentiments are as clear as his ignorance and his attacks on our freedoms and our allies. His narcissism is on par with his desires to create a kleptocracy.

                      Its not just him but the philosophy of his party that is hostile to the working class - from their tax policies, to their anti-union stands, and to their support for taking away the vehicle of class action suits in favor of mandatory arbitration. If you feel the way that I do, vote.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        Trump is so slimy nothing big enough to get Republicans to impeach him will stick.
                        When Mueller's investigation concludes, I would like to see which Republicans stick around to support what he's been shown to have done (and have a career left over when the dust settles).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Is "most grating" an option?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JRM View Post
                            When Mueller's investigation concludes, I would like to see which Republicans stick around to support what he's been shown to have done (and have a career left over when the dust settles).
                            If Mueller is allowed to finish many Republicans will be caught up in some part of it, even as simple as having taken donations from the Russians funneled by the NRA. Devin Nunes was part of Trump's transition team. If Mueller is allowed to finish it will be the largest scandal this country has ever seen.
                            Last edited by booond; 07-05-2018, 02:46 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Master Po View Post
                              Is "most grating" an option?
                              Ha!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X