Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by user4 View Post

I disagree. PED use in the NFL was just as cutting edge starting in the 1980s.
    You're going to have to go back much farther than that to make your point.

https://trackandfieldnews.com/wp-con...-Feuerbach.pdf
    Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

Comment

Originally posted by mungo man View Post

And why has track always been more cutting edge when it comes to doping?
      Could it be because the demand for doping is higher in track than it is in basketball. I.E. the demand is market driven?
      that's easy to answer: because success in track & field is largely measured by the times/distances achieved, and PEDs can markedly up your stock in that department. Same improvements aren't as obvious in team games.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

that's easy to answer: because success in track & field is largely measured by the times/distances achieved, and PEDs can markedly up your stock in that department. Same improvements aren't as obvious in team games.
        Thank you for summarizing the point I have been trying to make. The part in bold , You put it more succinctly in one sentence than I did in several paragraphs.
        Its a really easy answer. I am shocked that I had to go to such lengths to explain it.
        Last edited by mungo man; 06-17-2020, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by user4 View Post

I disagree. PED use in the NFL was just as cutting edge starting in the 1980s.
          I would posit that while overall NFL usage might have been as high, it and all other ball sports were still behind the curve in the cutting-edge department.

Comparing American ball leagues to track is really apples & oranges (or at least, was), as the American sports were insular and dealt only with a home market, whereas track had scientists from many far-flung countries developing PED technology. Unless there was some rogue EastBloc lab working on building a better tight end.

Comment

Working...
          X