Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the best movie-star runners (or their doubles)?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who are the best movie-star runners (or their doubles)?

"Brad Pitt and Rick Schroeder in made for TV movie about two running brothers...name???"

Across the Tracks. Hideously bad movie.

Also, Robin Williams was a 1:58 half-miler in high school (not sure there are any movies where he does any significant running).

Comment

Ewan McGregor was shifting at the beginning of Trainspotting.

Comment

> But
        >how about Jim Brown (100 rifles)

Jimbo ( "Jefferson" ) was also bookin' it pretty good in " The Dirty Dozen", after he finished up torching the Germans, before they shot him down.

Comment

>Kenny Moore doesn't count.

No one has mentioned Tom Cruise. I haven't looked
          >at him from this angle, but I know that he runs in a lot of films.

Recall
          >that my question is who are the best?

My son thought that the woman in
          >"Run, Lola, Run" was pretty good as a runner.

Cruise looks like he is thinking about his form and does seem to actually have some speed.

I believe the girl in Run, Lola, Run, is Mila Javovich -Sp? Fifth Element, I think Resident Evil (have not seen).

Comment

>>I believe the girl in Run, Lola, Run, is Mila Javovich -Sp? Fifth
            Element, I think Resident Evil (have not seen)<

no

it was a wondeful,beautiful german actress & now she makes hollywood movies

someone within 5min will link you to

http://www.imdb.com/

Comment

best runner was probably the wide-receiver that "spearchucker" was worried about in MASH in the crunch ball-game & asked alda & sutherland to do something about - they ganga-ed him

the opposing coach found that all his magnificent charge could utter was:

"i'm ready for the 440 coach ?!"

then the young buck charged off & fell over sideways after 10y, with the coach throwing his hat down on the ground in disgust !

Comment

Has Jim Brown been mentioned? He was in a number of movies, and he could certainly run...

Comment

What about Michael Landon of Bonanza and Highway to Heaven Fame? Didn't he hold the national high school record in the javelin? He had to run-up before tossing the spear!

Comment

>Has Jim Brown been mentioned? He was in a number of movies, and he could

>certainly run...

Look back about 5 or 6 memos, he has been mentioned.

Comment

>What about Michael Landon of Bonanza and Highway to Heaven Fame? Didn't he
                      >hold the national high school record in the javelin? He had to run-up before
                      >tossing the spear!

Oh my how things get embellished. Landon was really Eugene Orowitz from New Jersey. He was a good HS JT'er but no national recordholder by a long shot. He went to USC ostensibly on a track scholarship but I believe left school and the rest is history.

Comment

Carl Weathers (Apollo Creed)

Comment

>>What about Michael Landon of Bonanza and Highway to Heaven Fame? Didn't
                          >he
                          >hold the national high school record in the javelin? He had to run-up
                          >before
                          >tossing the spear!

Jim Brown and Landon/Orowitz are both legitimate actors. Brown sprinted in "The Dirty Dozen."

I recall that it was pretty effective.

Let me add a couple of more. Both went to Pomona College. Richard Chamberlain was a 400 meter runner his freshman year and then concentrated on his acting and painting (his major).

He had exceptional physical presence. In a costume drama, 4 courtiers in tights took off their flowery caps and made sweeping bows to the monarch. The unintentional result was laughter from the audience. Chamberlain's grace made the three others look as if they had stumbled.

However, I never saw him run in any of his films.

Kris Kristofferson ran in high school (probably distance) and played football and rugby at Pomona. To my knowledge, he never ran in any of his early films.

Comment

Did anyone see the movie "Crazy Kung-fu"?
                            We can observe an incredible new Chinese-bike-
                            racing style: according to my observations, the
                            two actors set a crazy 1"005 new 100m World
                            record!!!

Comment

My nominee for Worst Runner in Every Film in which he has appeared: Steven Seagal. To say he runs "like a girl" would be a gross insult to everyone of the female persuasion.

Comment

Franka Potente in no rational way resembles Milla Jovovich, unless two people being both slender is a resemblance.

Potente is also a considerably better actor.

Comment

Working...
                                X