Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the best movie-star runners (or their doubles)?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who are the best movie-star runners (or their doubles)?

that is such a riot.... I remember watching a segal film and saying to myself that is the worst stride I have ever seen in my life.. They definitely need to find a sprint double for him!

>My nominee for Worst Runner in Every Film in which he has appeared: Steven
    >Seagal. To say he runs "like a girl" would be a gross insult to everyone of
    >the female persuasion.
    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Cornell Wilde in The Naked Prey (1966)- he was both the lead actor and director.
      He proved it was possible to outrun the Africans, even with their spears landing inches from your heels.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/63002 ... ZZZZZZ.jpg

Comment

I remember seeing a movie ages ago, which opens with a shot of Burt Reynolds - looking impressive - running along a road.

Comment

I believe Luke Wilson was a 1:53-1:54 800 runner back in HS. I don't remember him running in any of his movies though, so I couldn't tell you about his stride.
          http://www.ScienceofRunning.com

Comment

Paul Newmans stride in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof wasn't all that hot.

Comment

How about Robert Redford in " The Way We Were." Just remember him running on the track team but cannot recall his form.

Comment

M.A.S.H. had a couple of good runners in the movie version. Dr. "Spearchucker" Jones was played by Kansas City Chiefs DB Fred "The Hammer" Williamson who appeared in Super Bowl I. Timothy Brown was a kick returner for the 1961 NFL Championship winning Philadelphia Eagles. Brown went on to play the Jones character on the TV show. The TV M.A.S.H. cast actors in the opening sequence for their running ability...I kid you not.

Steven Seagal may run like my mother but Hugh Grant has absolutely worst running form of any upright mammal in history.

cman

Comment

<<<Brad Pitt and Rick Schroeder in made for TV movie about two running
                  >brothers...name???>>>

----
                  I remember one quote from that movie ("Across the Tracks"; http://imdb.com/title/tt0101268/):

(Talking about a fierce kick about to commence)
                  "Here it comes Joey, here it commmmes!"

Comment

>My nominee for Worst Runner in Every Film in which he has appeared: Steven
                    >Seagal. To say he runs "like a girl" would be a gross insult to everyone of
                    >the female persuasion.

Agree with Kuha. I think Steven Seagal is the worst looking runner in the history of the human race.

Comment

>How about Robert Redford in " The Way We Were." Just remember him running on
                      >the track team but cannot recall his form.

I think he had one of those ridiculous sweaters wrapped around his neck during his running scenes.

Comment

>Carl Weathers (Apollo Creed)

He looked good in those scenes running with Stallone on the beach. It's about all I remember about that Rocky though. Franchise went straight downhill after the first one. I asked somewhere else if he ever ran track.

Comment

<My nominee for Worst Runner in Every Film in which he has appeared: Steven Seagal.>

Travolta in Grease would be highly competitive for the honor.
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

><My nominee for Worst Runner in Every Film in which he has appeared: Steven
                            >Seagal.>

Travolta in Grease would be highly competitive for the honor.

But Danny got a letter ! ( Plus he got O N-J )

Comment

What about Peter Strauss in "The Jericho Mile"? Did he look the part?

Comment

Robby Benson was surprisingly good as Billy Mills in "Running Brave". Both "Pre" actors (Billy Crudup and ?) weren't too bad.
                                The worst I've ever seen was Michael Douglas in some movie - help me with the title please - in which he was supposedly training to be an Olympic marathoner. I have this mental image of a beefy guy running over a bridge (Queensboro?) into NYC - the complete antithesis of an elite marathoner's body type.

Comment

Working...
                                X