• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy BIrthday France!

Originally posted by mike renfro
    Long live the
    >Bastille, and all that.

Hmm, failure to understand the concept?
    "The Bastille" is now one of the way cool neighborhoods in Paris. Where I always rack out. (not to mention rock out!) :-)

Comment

How many governments have they had in the last 200 years?

Comment

1/16th as many as Bolivia?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Originally posted by mike renfro
          Long live the
          >Bastille, and all that.

Hmm, failure to understand the concept?
          "The Bastille" is now one of the way cool neighborhoods in Paris. Where I always rack out. (not to mention rock out!) :-)
          True, the "new" opera house is there. We spent some time in the square between museum treks in '03. Had lunch in the area. Speaking of failure to understand the concept, I had Salade Nicoise, sans olives :evil: Hmm, how did they name the f**king salad anyhow?

Last evening, we joined friends for a mini concert by a glorified (over 40 year olds) garage band at an open space in a mall. Actually, they were pretty good, played stuff from the 50s-70s. Mostly old farts in audience, reliving misspent youth dancing to Elvis songs, and the like. I took a little tour at one of the breaks and tried to find a French flag to put out on the lawn. No luck. I guess there is a flag store in one of the harbor shopping areas, but I'm not going shopping in San Diego on a weekend for a one day shot. I'll try to remember next year. Mary asked if I was going to get a Union Jack for Guy Fawkes Day. No, silly, I get dynamite for GFD :shock:

Comment

Happy Birthday France, U.S.A.'s old friend and thanx for one of the 7th wonders of the world, The Statue of Liberty!

phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by tlb747
              >Thanks!...
              Vive le Tour de France, aussi, avec les derniers
              jours de Lance
              >ARMSTRONG en route vers une
              incroyable septième victoire dans la plus

>prestigieuse et mythique course cycliste au
              monde...
              AMSTRONG est
              >assurément le plus grand héros du
              sport américain aujourd'hui.
              C'est
              >pourquoi j'irai l'admirer une dernière
              fois à l'occasion de l'arrivée du
              >Tour, sur
              les Champs Elysées, le 24 Juillet.
              (Sorry, I am too lazy to try
              >to write in
              English, this time!)

Pas de probleme! Je ne pense pas que je suis la personne seulement qui a compris ton message (my bad for the lack of accents and grammar).
              Moi aussi, j'ai tout compris!

Comment

¿que?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Thompson
                  Best national anthem going; isn't even anything that's a close second.

You still gotta get chills when they sing it over top of "Die Wacht Am Rhein" in "Casablanca"
                  And a young German won the Bastille Day etage yesterday, while also taking over the Maillot Jaune! Ouch.... for the French!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                    Happy Birthday France, U.S.A.'s old friend and thanx for one of the 7th wonders of the world, The Statue of Liberty!

Where's Matt Hilton, or Paris Marriott, whoever, when you need a good conspiracy theory? Those squirrelly masons. :lol:

THANK YOU FRANCE FOR GIVING CANADA ITS MOST VIBRANT CULTURAL GENES!!
                    Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mennisco
                      Where's Matt Hilton...
                      retired

it's a pity - he was the biggest punching white middleweight of the past 40y & if not for tendency for his face to get banged up, he mighta ruled for a good few years...

Comment

HBD also to Amy Acuff! (now yesterday)

Comment

When the French gave us Miss Liberty, on the box it read, "assembly required, batteries not included." They gave us nothing that we didn't already have, and only contributed $400,000 of the $700,000 needed for construction.

Comment

Originally posted by malmo

When the French gave us Miss Liberty, on the box it read, "assembly required, batteries not included." They gave us nothing that we didn't already have, and only contributed $400,000 of the $700,000 needed for construction.
                            I knew you would find something negative about the green chick and you didnt disappoint.
                            phsstt!

Comment

Yesterday, down at dog beach (at Ocean Beach), on a semi adjacent field (there is a slough between), there was a large number of French flags, and there seemed to be some sort of do going on. Bastille Day, one day late? I will be getting a French flag for next year. The wise woman says "pass on the dynamite for GFD :shock: "

Comment

Working...
                              X