• This is what Galloway and his ilk have begat

Frauds and cheats.

Who's Galloway?

Comment

Exactly. That's why it is under "Things Not T&F"

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
        Exactly. That's why it is under "Things Not T&F"
        Seriously, who is he? I presume it's not a reference to the over-coiffured and controversial Scottish politician....

Comment

He was an Olympian in another life.

Comment

I'm guessing you might mean Jeff Galloway, but the connection is lost on me and apparently others. I'm dense - sometimes you just gotta spell it out. :wink:

Comment

Talk about lame .... getting her husband to talk to the press rather than face the music herself because she "feels crummy" about her "runners" cheating???? She needs to start being honest with her "runners" and tell them they are NOT ready to "run" a marathon until they prove it in a training "run". SEVEN HOURS to "complete" a marathon is slightly over 16:00/mile pace!!!!!! What the hell are these people doing entering a marathon in the first place????? Stay home and TRAIN so that you don't have to cheat in order to get a finishers medal! Come back next year when you are properly trained.

Comment

Ok-someone has spelled it out-this is what Galloway's "run-walk" has led to. We are discussing it a bit on the Canuck list:

http://www.mailman.srv.ualberta.ca/pipe ... /date.html

Scroll down.

Comment

you know i saw this adorable little show on the tele of all these runners feeling so good about themselves. i want to be pushed on my couch for 26.2 miles while i enjoy milk duds and beer. dont tell me im not a marathoner mother$#%^%$#@. ill belly flop your ass. wheres my $#%$$#@ medal!
                  phsstt!

Comment

"But Mr. Nealis said the Marine Corps Marathon is not the place for that.

"This is an Olympic sport and people lose sight of that. It's not a touchy-feely, we're all going to feel good, Kumbaya," he said."

This just sickens me.

Comment

People have been cheating in races since Oog hit Unk over the head with a rock in the Jurassic Park 5K. To blame Galloway is ludicrous.

Comment

All Galloway did was try to mainstream distance running to the masses. Since few of the masses can run a marathon faster than a 10min/mile pace, he had to 'dumb it down' to make them feel like they were indeed 'athletes'. If the masses are gullible enough to believe they ARE athletes by running a 5 hour marathon, that's their problem. If, on the other hand, they get into a life-long habit of exercise, no matter how S-L-O-W they are, I'm all for the Gallowalk.

Comment

i guess were all lucky there isnt any x- couch potatoes polevaulting 2'6"

or is there?
                          phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                            All Galloway did was try to mainstream distance running to the masses. Since few of the masses can run a marathon faster than a 10min/mile pace, he had to 'dumb it down' to make them feel like they were indeed 'athletes'. If the masses are gullible enough to believe they ARE athletes by running a 5 hour marathon, that's their problem. If, on the other hand, they get into a life-long habit of exercise, no matter how S-L-O-W they are, I'm all for the Gallowalk.
                            Careful! Hell hath no fury like a "real" marathoner scorned!

Comment

If that was directed at me, I never considered myself a real marathoner.

Comment

Working...
                              X