Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reggie Bush's running track in the Coliseum......

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

einnod...

Brown and Ward better than Herschel Walker? Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
      500 plus yards of offense is tight,but vince young had 500 plus yards of offense against ok. state, so to say that reggie is the best of all time is retarded.Reggie is a hell of a playa,but he's no Barry sanders,marcus allen, hell i could name a few more.to say that texas is average without vince,or SC is average without Bush is retarded.The sec has no number one ranked team,and with good reason.texas would be undefeated in the sec just as it is in the big twelve.same case with sc.bush and company would blast all sec opposition.I'm tired of hearing sec fans bitch.
      A quarterback cannot be inluded in a all-purpose yards discussion. It only encompases rushing, receiving and returning. Qb's have an unfair advantage.

Comment

Re: einnod...

Originally posted by BillVol
        Brown and Ward better than Herschel Walker? Come on.
        No, Peyton Manning and Tee Martin........ :lol:

Comment

Bush better than Barry sanders?yeah,right.Not now ,not ever.Barry rushed for 2600 plus yards from scrimmage.Barry had no 86 yard games.Barry had no average games that fateful season.He threw down every saturday.When Reggie breaks just one of his records,holla at me.Reggie's good but Barry was on another level.NO ONE stopped Barry that year.Reggie's not there yet.sorry

Comment

Bush better than Barry sanders?yeah,right.Not now ,not ever.Barry rushed for 2600 plus yards from scrimmage.Barry had no 86 yard games.Barry had no average games that fateful season.He threw down every saturday.When Reggie breaks just one of his records,holla at me.Reggie's good but Barry was on another level.NO ONE stopped Barry that year.Reggie's not there yet.sorry
            How was that Oklahoma State team? Did they win a National Championship?

Comment

gee, I don't think so,but at last glance,i think Barry won some awards.what do you think.Besides,I don't recall saying oklahoma state was better.I think,if you look closely,I SAID BARRY WAS BETTER.So what does Oklahoma states record have to do with that.USC WON'T WIN THE HEISMAN,REGGIE BUSH is up for that award.Let me know when winning a national championship becomes a Heisman requisite.And if it is and i don't know it, then you need to call up a few of the past winners(like Andre ware, and Bo Jackson and Barry Sanders,to name a few) and inform them so they can give their trophies back.

Comment

And it can certainly be argued that those who played on lesser teams were by definition better performers because of the skills of those who played around them. (Having said that, still not sure I've seen anybody who has impressed me more than Bush--and I didn't even see the Fresno State game.)

Comment

you obviously didn't see Barry.If the world is so amazed and impressed with Reggies 200+ yd performance,what can you say ,think, or feel about an ENTIRE SEASON of 200+ yd performances,laced with moves that can be duplicated by no athlete.Barry didn't have a stand out game his junior season.All of his games that season were of the 200+ yard variety.ALL OF THEM.HE AVERAGED OVER 200 YDS RUSHING A GAME...AVERAGED... Reggie's good ,but he ain't that good.Reggie's running thru truck sized holes(usc is the defending national champ).Barry had no such luxury.Barry created the SPACE needed to gain such yardage on his own,for the most part.were Barry able to run the rock for SC imagine the yards he'd gain.Do you think Reggie could duplicate Barry's numbers under circumstances similar to Barry's?I DON'T.

Comment

you obviously didn't see Barry.If the world is so amazed and impressed with Reggies 200+ yd performance,what can you say ,think, or feel about an ENTIRE SEASON of 200+ yd performances,laced with moves that can be duplicated by no athlete.Barry didn't have a stand out game his junior season.All of his games that season were of the 200+ yard variety.ALL OF THEM.HE AVERAGED OVER 200 YDS RUSHING A GAME...AVERAGED... Reggie's good ,but he ain't that good.Reggie's running thru truck sized holes(usc is the defending national champ).Barry had no such luxury.Barry created the SPACE needed to gain such yardage on his own,for the most part.were Barry able to run the rock for SC imagine the yards he'd gain.Do you think Reggie could duplicate Barry's numbers under circumstances similar to Barry's?I DON'T.
                    I concur. How short our memories have gotten. Bush is good. Very good. But I would put him in the category of Marshall Faulk, Leeland McElroy etc. He is not, nor has there been another running back like Barry Sanders. The best pure "runner" I have seen Bar none. Its not even close. The only person who should even be in the discussion with Sanders is Gayle Sayers.

Comment

All of the folks that I mentioned in the list above, I've seen. My only regret was not putting Hugh Green up there, for I have yet to see such a dominant defensive player.

But sorry, guys, Reggie's that good!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think Barry Switzer, legendary OU and Dallas Cowboy coach, paid Barry Sanders the ultimate compliment in the 1987 OSU/OU game when he instructed his OU team NOT to knock Thurman Thomas out of the game, assuring them they did not want that little ****** on the bench in the game

Comment

I can recall arguing with a friend once about who was more dominant on the court,shawn bradley or shaq.we can all see how that turned out. Einnod23, to compare Barry sanders to Reggie bush is a little less extreme,(Reggie is hella good) but not far from being as absurd.The numbers don't lie.Reggie's got a lotta catchin up to do(since he's obviously THAT GOOD). He'll have to gain about a thousand yards in two games.you've obvoiously seen Reggie do things that the rest of us missed,cause if you saw Barry,as you say you did,then you'd hafta be kin to Reggie to believe that Reggie is better.

Comment

Terry,

ESPN recently did a piece comparing Reggie Bush to Gayle Sayers. I'm not the only one who may be absurd.

Comment

Einnod23,i'm not saying that Reggie's not a great player.I'm saying that as good as he is ,he's not as good as was Barry Sanders.To say that he is ,would be like comparing dabryan blanton to maurice greene.Blanton ain't there yet.You CAN compare Reggie to Gayle Sayers.You CAN'T compare Reggie to Barry.To do so is absurd! One other thing.Ten thousand people calling a horse a dog,doesn't make that horse a dog!!!

Comment

Terry,

I just turned on the game, and saw Reggie take a handoff out of his own endzone and go 65 yards down the sideline (THIRD AND TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

And did I hear Keith Jackson say 172 yards and the second quarter has just started?????????????????????

Comment

Working...
                                X