Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reggie Bush's running track in the Coliseum......

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    So Bush and Alex Smith were HS teammates (how was that not the best HS team ever?). Have two teammtes ever both been No. 1s before? And in the event that has happened, have both ended up on the same NFL team? (that could happen w/ the hapless 49ers, although Houston and the Jets certainly giving them run forthe money!)
    when you compare the points for, points against with my nines and houston, it is amazingly close!!!!

p.f.- niners 183 houston 183

p.a.- niners 340 houston 341

NINERS ARE BETTER!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    So Bush and Alex Smith were HS teammates (how was that not the best HS team ever?). Have two teammtes ever both been No. 1s before? And in the event that has happened, have both ended up on the same NFL team? (that could happen w/ the hapless 49ers, although Houston and the Jets certainly giving them run forthe money!)

Leave a comment:

• Trackfan310
    replied
    Originally posted by einnod23
    For all you hard nosed Barry fans. We all agree that Barry was a legend.

But consider that fact that Barry played in the Big 2 Conference (OU, Nebraska!!!!!!). Something to consider.
    I don't see the Pac-10 exactly teeming with Defensive Stalwart's . And I am a Pac-10 guy. I think Oregon got snubbed in a BAD way. But lets be honest, Defense is not the strength of this conference.

Leave a comment:

• einnod23
    replied
    For all you hard nosed Barry fans. We all agree that Barry was a legend.

But consider that fact that Barry played in the Big 2 Conference (OU, Nebraska!!!!!!). Something to consider.

Leave a comment:

• Trackfan310
    replied
    Originally posted by einnod23
    Terry,

I just turned on the game, and saw Reggie take a handoff out of his own endzone and go 65 yards down the sideline (THIRD AND TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

And did I hear Keith Jackson say 172 yards and the second quarter has just started?????????????????????
    Is Reggie the best running back this year? Yes

Is he the deserving of the Heisman Trophy? Easily

Deserving of the First Pick in the Draft? Certainly.

Is he the best ever? The answer is a RESOUNDING no. The only reason People are even considering this silly argument, is because he is the most fascinating player on the #1 team in the country. If SC were 7-5, or 8-3, would anyone be saying he is the best ever? No. They would simply say "he is a great back" If you put Reggie on an average college team, where he was the only player the opposition truly had to gameplan for, it would be a wildly different story. Thats what makes Barry Sanders season so remarkable. he was THE weapon on their team. Nobody is doubting Reggie bush is a key weapon to USC's offense. But he doesn't lead the team in TD's. He shares the backfield with a TD machine (White) and a Heisman trophy Winner AND current heisman candidate (Lienhart). They have two receivers who would be the #1 receiver on most college teams, and their tight end is pretty good as well. Could you imagine, the obscene numbers Sanders would have put up, if teams truly couldn't key on him?

Leave a comment:

• terry_brooks35@yahoo.com
    replied
    When you here Keith Jackson say that Reggie has 2600 YARDS,HOLLA BACK.UNTIL THEN,Reggies' good,but he ain't Barry!!!!!(I think I heard Keith say that Reggie HAS 1600 YARDS,WHICH IS AWESOME,considering he's got another great back on the team)But still,Reggie's not Barry.Eric Dickerson split time at SMU(with Craig James) and rushed for 1700.I watched some of the game,and Reggie is definitely ALL THAT,he WILL win the heisman.He is the most exciting(baddest)collegiate ball carrier out there,EASILY.He ain't the best ever though.

Leave a comment:

• einnod23
    replied
    Terry,

I just turned on the game, and saw Reggie take a handoff out of his own endzone and go 65 yards down the sideline (THIRD AND TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

And did I hear Keith Jackson say 172 yards and the second quarter has just started?????????????????????

Leave a comment:

replied
    Einnod23,i'm not saying that Reggie's not a great player.I'm saying that as good as he is ,he's not as good as was Barry Sanders.To say that he is ,would be like comparing dabryan blanton to maurice greene.Blanton ain't there yet.You CAN compare Reggie to Gayle Sayers.You CAN'T compare Reggie to Barry.To do so is absurd! One other thing.Ten thousand people calling a horse a dog,doesn't make that horse a dog!!!

Leave a comment:

• einnod23
    replied
    Terry,

ESPN recently did a piece comparing Reggie Bush to Gayle Sayers. I'm not the only one who may be absurd.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I can recall arguing with a friend once about who was more dominant on the court,shawn bradley or shaq.we can all see how that turned out. Einnod23, to compare Barry sanders to Reggie bush is a little less extreme,(Reggie is hella good) but not far from being as absurd.The numbers don't lie.Reggie's got a lotta catchin up to do(since he's obviously THAT GOOD). He'll have to gain about a thousand yards in two games.you've obvoiously seen Reggie do things that the rest of us missed,cause if you saw Barry,as you say you did,then you'd hafta be kin to Reggie to believe that Reggie is better.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I think Barry Switzer, legendary OU and Dallas Cowboy coach, paid Barry Sanders the ultimate compliment in the 1987 OSU/OU game when he instructed his OU team NOT to knock Thurman Thomas out of the game, assuring them they did not want that little ****** on the bench in the game

Leave a comment:

• einnod23
    replied
    All of the folks that I mentioned in the list above, I've seen. My only regret was not putting Hugh Green up there, for I have yet to see such a dominant defensive player.

But sorry, guys, Reggie's that good!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Trackfan310
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected]
    you obviously didn't see Barry.If the world is so amazed and impressed with Reggies 200+ yd performance,what can you say ,think, or feel about an ENTIRE SEASON of 200+ yd performances,laced with moves that can be duplicated by no athlete.Barry didn't have a stand out game his junior season.All of his games that season were of the 200+ yard variety.ALL OF THEM.HE AVERAGED OVER 200 YDS RUSHING A GAME...AVERAGED... Reggie's good ,but he ain't that good.Reggie's running thru truck sized holes(usc is the defending national champ).Barry had no such luxury.Barry created the SPACE needed to gain such yardage on his own,for the most part.were Barry able to run the rock for SC imagine the yards he'd gain.Do you think Reggie could duplicate Barry's numbers under circumstances similar to Barry's?I DON'T.
    I concur. How short our memories have gotten. Bush is good. Very good. But I would put him in the category of Marshall Faulk, Leeland McElroy etc. He is not, nor has there been another running back like Barry Sanders. The best pure "runner" I have seen Bar none. Its not even close. The only person who should even be in the discussion with Sanders is Gayle Sayers.

Leave a comment:

replied
    you obviously didn't see Barry.If the world is so amazed and impressed with Reggies 200+ yd performance,what can you say ,think, or feel about an ENTIRE SEASON of 200+ yd performances,laced with moves that can be duplicated by no athlete.Barry didn't have a stand out game his junior season.All of his games that season were of the 200+ yard variety.ALL OF THEM.HE AVERAGED OVER 200 YDS RUSHING A GAME...AVERAGED... Reggie's good ,but he ain't that good.Reggie's running thru truck sized holes(usc is the defending national champ).Barry had no such luxury.Barry created the SPACE needed to gain such yardage on his own,for the most part.were Barry able to run the rock for SC imagine the yards he'd gain.Do you think Reggie could duplicate Barry's numbers under circumstances similar to Barry's?I DON'T.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    And it can certainly be argued that those who played on lesser teams were by definition better performers because of the skills of those who played around them. (Having said that, still not sure I've seen anybody who has impressed me more than Bush--and I didn't even see the Fresno State game.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X