Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Kirk Douglas

The death of a titan of Hollywood! Can't believe he survived a helicopter crash that killed 2 and then a stroke 23 years ago! He is the last of the oldies but goodies from my childhood. My favorite movie of his:" Lonely Are The Brave." His favorite too. And the other one, little known, was " Ace In The Hole" where he plays a scurrilous reporter. He owned the screen, unless Burt Lancaster was with him.

Amazing that he lived so long (after all those cigarettes he smoked on screen). I agree jeremyp, "Lonely Are The Brave" and "Ace in The Hole" are two of my Kirk Douglas favorites. I grew up watching a lot of "westerns" so I also like "Along The Great Divide", "Man Without A Star", "Last Train From Gun Hill", and "The Big Trees". I should add a couple of non-western favorites of mine: "Spartacus" and "Seven Days in May". He made so many good movies, but the eight films I listed are movies that I can watch over and over again and still enjoy them. That for me is the sign of a good movie. Some movies I see, I have no desire to watch them a second time.

Comment

Before Val Kilmer came along as Doc Holliday, don't forget Douglas's great treatment of the character in Gunfight At The OK Corral

Lonely Are The Brave
      a film that doesn't get remotely enough credit

Comment

Originally posted by gh;n1636029

Lonely Are The Brave[/I
        a film that doesn't get remotely enough credit
        It had Gena Rowlands, Walter Matthau, Carrol O'Connor, George Kennedy. Dalton Trumbo screenplay.

Comment

And it was filmed on location in New Mexico.

Comment

Working...
          X